Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2018, 03:13 AM   #1
Volator

New interior design for Bullet

https://rv-pro.com/news/keystone-rv-...astal-makeover
Volator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 04:59 AM   #2
notanlines

I don't know if it has something to do with needing more light as I age, but I like the new, brighter interior. A good update for the Bullet.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 05:09 AM   #3
wiredgeorge

Says Keystone is switching to Furrion appliances for the models that are undergoing the re-modeling. Not heard of this company prior. See that they have a US HQ in Elkhart. Anybody know anything about Furrion?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:02 AM   #4
DocP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Says Keystone is switching to Furrion appliances for the models that are undergoing the re-modeling. Not heard of this company prior. See that they have a US HQ in Elkhart. Anybody know anything about Furrion?
My only experience with Furrion is with the rather low quality televisions (3) that came with my Thor class A motorhome 2 years ago. Two of them were replaced under warranty.
DocP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:23 AM   #5
C.LeeNick

Our new Passport has a Furrion stereo. I'd never heard of them before either. It has some neat bluetooth features for using a smartphone app for a remote control from outside the trailer, and it can stream music, and you can make speakerphone telephone calls through it, but overall it's not very impressive. No built in CD/DVD/Bluray player. Pretty basic. And the speaker output power is pretty low, coupled with the cheap speakers the sound quality isn't that great. But it works. Reviews of Furrion stereos aren't very favorable.

Furrion is a subsidiary of Lippert, if that means anything.
C.LeeNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:31 AM   #6
bob91yj

That does look good in the pictures.
bob91yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:09 AM   #7
wiredgeorge

I don't much care for the frosted glass look panels. I guess I have no sense of taste or style so what the heck? That Furrion company makes all sorts of RV stuff...
Old 09-20-2018, 08:40 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Furrion has been a "hanger on" type of company that sold Chinese imported TV's and stereos to the outlet stores and RV manufacturers for several years. A few years ago Lippert bought Furrion and invested a lot of money into converting them from a "cheap knockoff distributor" to an "innovator in RV design" (their advertising not mine). It was about the same time that Lippert bought Denver Mattress Company and Dexter Axle Company. As Lippert expands, so will Furrion.

As for quality, IMHO (for whatever it's worth) Lippert's reputation has not been sterling. They are working to change that as they grow, but looking at some of their brands and their past trailer chassis problems with substandard production, they have a lot of room to grow. To me, it's sort of like the Goodyear reputation with Marathon tires and the new Endurance line. They may be a significant improvement, but then they may also be a US produced Marathon. I hope they're successful, but the proof is not in buying to find out, but in waiting to see the results.... So for me, Furrion is a "new kid on the block" owned by a company with a cloudy reputation. YMMV

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #9
DCARLTON

btw, Dexter Axles is NOT owned by Lippert, they are 2 separate companies (unless I missed something somewhere). Grand Design owners are switching out Lippert Axles to Dexter Axles in droves due to Lippert Axle failures.
DCARLTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 01:03 PM   #10
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCARLTON View Post
btw, Dexter Axles is NOT owned by Lippert, they are 2 separate companies (unless I missed something somewhere). Grand Design owners are switching out Lippert Axles to Dexter Axles in droves due to Lippert Axle failures.
Reason for some confusion on subject:
http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/08/li...ssis-business/
Old 09-26-2018, 01:23 PM   #11
DCARLTON

I can see where that would be confusing. Lippert purchased the slideout mechanism owned by Dexter Chassis Group.

We love our darker interior on our 2018 Premier. Have seen a lot of people wanting that lighter interior, we actually chose the dark brown over the tan/blond color. Wife was concerned about lighter colors showing dirt, which it did in our previous Prowler TT.

I showed her the press release and she wasn't impressed with the new color scheme.

Furrion has taken a lot of heat as has Lippert due to substandard items. Our outdoor TV is Furrion, so far, it's a good tv but only 6 months usage. The interior sound system is Furrion, it works, it's nothing spectacular but it does what its intended to do: play DVDs/CDs, radio, and TV sound over the inside and outside speakers.

The frosted glass panels came on our 2018 Premier and was a huge selling point for the wife. It discretely hides items in the pantries and in some cases are lighted giving off a nice light in the theater area. Previous units we looked at did not have this feature and kindof required you to keep things neat. One of our friends is looking to 'frost' theirs with vinyl from their cricket machine.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:49 AM   #12
_jIM_jONES

Here is my 2019 bullet 330bhs with the new interior, took delivery on October 10. There is a lot of upgrades from the older Bullet in addition to the color scheme, windows, countertops, tires, sink faucets, no frosted glass panels in master bedroom, cabinet hinges, pass though storage door latches, stove, lighting, microwave, key tv and more that im still discovering. It has a much better open feel than the dark interiors, the lighting is way overkill in the main room out of the 9 bright led lights I only use 1, really needs a dimmer in there. the main room speaker placement seems odd. Im very happy I got the updated bullet it feels more like a outback interior wise.

_jIM_jONES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:38 AM   #13
DCARLTON

The more I look at that brighter interior, the better it is looking.

Looking over the brochure for the Bullet Premier line, it shows:
1. 4G LTE and Wi-fi Prep is standard on all models (they don't explain what this is)
2. KEY Tv which is some sort of smart switching for multiple sources compatible with cable, antenna and dish.
3. Coastal Cottage Interior
4. Pegboard in Pass Through Storage
5. Norco® 5.1 electric stabilization system (doesn't explain this, google shows a 5.3, did find a user manual for a 5.1)
6. MORryde Step Above Steps.

So there are some interesting upgrades from the 2018 model we currently have.
Georgia
Old 10-23-2018, 03:05 AM   #14
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Maybe, just maybe, they are starting to listen to what we want!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:12 AM   #15
JRTJH
Site Team

We ordered our 93 Holiday Rambler with the "bleached oak" interior. It was an off-white and all the upholstery was "baby blue and baby pink"... Even on cloudy days, the interior seemed bigger, brighter and more "pleasant to be in".... While not for everybody (that's why they make different interior choices), we found it to be "cheerful, even on "wet, inside days"....

I well remember the 1963 "shrimp red" (pink) Pontiac Bonneville.... Then there was the "surf turquoise" (metallic teal) Plymouth Barracuda... Colors change and evolve, shapes change and evolve, one thing seems to remain the same: Sometimes things go right and we get a good trailer, sometimes things go wrong and we get a "lemon" (and they aren't always yellow).... YMMV

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet