Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
McGillicutty

Fuzion Blank Tank Flush - I blew it!!

Okay I don't know what I was thinking about but this is my third time using my new Fuzion 310 and every other RV I've had had a separate "City Water" connection and a separate Fresh Water Fill connection. The Fuzion does not. That plus the label show the positioning of the Fill Valve which is next to the Black Tank Flush connection and the fact that I'm an idiot lead to me connecting my water hose to the Black Tank Flush thinking I was filling my fresh water tank. Obviously I did not have the sewer line and blank tank valve open so I was wondering why it was taking so long to fill the tank when I hear "BOOM" and about 10 gallons of water rushes out of the bottom front of my trailer. It soon slowed to a dribble but when I pulled the trailer to the gas station to fill my gas tanks in preparation of our Thanksgiving trip, every time I applied the brakes I noticed I left a sizable puddle of water on the ground. So I finally realized what I'd done and I'm now trying to guess what the damage is. The Black Tank was obviously full when I heard the Boom, but when I returned from getting as it was empty except for maybe 5 gallons. My hope is that it's only a line of valve and that I won't have to replace the entire tank. My water pressure is about 75 psi and I had no water come out of the toilet or up the vent pipe that I'm aware of. Any guesses on how bad the damage will be? Thanks.
McGillicutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The only way you're going to know "how bad it is" is to pull down a part of the coroplast and take a look. Realistically, you aren't "supposed to be able to" rupture your tank. The vent stack on the roof will overflow before you pressurize to the point of rupturing the black tank.... So, chances are what you did is push the hose off the black tank flush fitting on the black tank and filled the coroplast full of water. Once it reached a certain weight, it popped the coroplast (the BOOM) and water flowed out. As you pulled the RV, every time you stopped or accelerated, water would flow to the hole in the coroplast and flow out.

Crawl under your RV, pull a few of the screws holding the coroplast in place next to the tank, stick your head and a flashlight in and see what you find.

Good luck !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
McGillicutty

Thanks for your response. I'm leaving for a 8 day Thanksgiving trip to the mountains tomorrow so I'll have my back in the dirt tomorrow afternoon and hopefully it's just a pipe or valve in which case I can run into town and find a PVC cap or something so the tank is leak tight until we get back and I can fix it proper. Thanks again for your input. Mike.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
McGillicutty

By the way, the coroplast is intact, it didn't pull away from any of the screws or tear, but when I crawled under the trailer it was sagging and I could push it up and water would flow out of the edges so I'm still not sure what the "boom" was but it was followed by a rush of water. It's kind of odd that the coroplast on my trailer is one piece for the whole trailer so I'm going to have to fold the front down ahead of the spare tire. Seems it might have been a good idea to have maybe three sections which would have made repairs a little easier.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
therink

Do what did and cut out a 3 sided flap where the tank and valves are. You can then access and close up then seal with Gorilla tape when done. This will save you a lot of bs
Btw - be prepared for a bunch of sawdust dust to fall into your face when you open it up. Also, don't push knife any deeper than needed or you could slice the tank or wiresthat that lie on top of the coroplast.
Good luck.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #6
BeaverRZR

I have a hard time believing you dont have a city water fill port.

My Fuzion 342 it is located on the opposite side of the trailer between the 2 man doors and just above the fender well.

Here it is on mine. I just looked at pics of Fuzion 310's on google and it has the city water fill port in the same location

Fuzion 310 water fill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	4567   Click image for larger version

Name:	FUZI310.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	4568  
Old 11-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #7
Ratchet Thunderbolt

Confusing connections

I have a Raptor 410 LEV and I think the water connections need better labeling. I to connected my city water hose to the black tank flush without knowing it. I caught it before anything happened because I noticed the fresh water tank was not filling up. Luckily my wife use to pull an Airstream before I came around and she filled me in on what I had done. Keystone even labeled the Black Water Valve and the Gray Water Valve wrong. Took a while to figure that one out.

We were at the Keystone factory this year watching the fiver's being built. They start with the trailer frame upside down then they put a full sheet of the under covering on in one piece. They then attach the axles and flip it right side up.

Good luck with your repair. I can see how you made the mistake, I did, so don't feel bad. Keystone needs to do a better job.

Doug
Ratchet Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:03 AM   #8
Dwighop

Had a similar "boom" on our fifth. Sleeping well and boom. What was that? First step out of bed was water. Toilet paper left the seal open enough for water to stay on faster than it was draining and it overflowed the bowl. The boom was one of the support beam screws pulling out if the frame from water filling the chloroplast. Lucky it drained down the toilet flange.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:02 AM   #9
abneynormal

the only boom

I have a fill valve located next to the city water hookup. I turned it on and forgot about it .( it takes forever to fill that way). anyway I heard a boom and the outside fill hose had ruptured. the water tank was full but water was running out from under the rv. as for the flush connection it has a valve at the top of the fill to act as a vent and check valve. btw what does your indicators say about your tanks?