Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2015, 02:01 PM   #1
Luckybuck55

Question water leak 2014 fuzion 342

Water leak in bedroom emergency window, on a heavy down pour water is coming in around bottom of window, I tried to tighten up latches on window to stop, after rain the next day! Has anyone else had this problem if so what do you do to fix? I think I might have to take window frame out to fix or can I seal around frame on outside, this is the flat window only bottom of window opens which is the emergency window.
Luckybuck55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:02 AM   #2
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Is this one of the frameless windows?
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:19 AM   #3
cb1000rider
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw342 View Post
Is this one of the frameless windows?
Yes... There are two types on the Keystone toy haulers. I know frameless was an option on the carbon, but may have been standard on yours.

I asked about caulking the windows - ours is framed. Apparently the window essentially sandwiches a seal in the middle. That seal pushes out, seals the window to the sides and *shouldn't* leak. I'd assume the seal needs adjustment. I don't know how the frameless windows work...
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:54 AM   #4
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Mine is the old school framed where half the window is able to open. Easy enough to fix the seal on those, but I do not know enough about the frame less windows. They look nice, but sort of glad I do not have them.
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:29 PM   #5
Luckybuck55

Yes mine is the flat window that only the bottom of window comes out for emergency,I can see frame on inside only,if I take emergency window out is there a separate seal around this? Water is coming out inside at bottom of frame can't tell weather it is coming from top of window or around where emergency window goes in, I guess this is going to be a pain to fix
Old 06-11-2015, 05:02 AM   #6
gilpinbrewer

I had this problem on one of my frameless windows. It is because the seal the touches the window that opens was dirty from the factory. Open the window and take some cleaner and wipe both the seal and the window where the seal touches it. Clean everything really good and close it back up. Hopefully that will fix it unless there is some other kind of issue, but it sounds just like my issue.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:50 PM   #7
Luckybuck55

Will try this,I guess the emergency window just pops out, I have never taken it out or even tried it just moved latches last time at RV will check when I go back
Thanks for info