Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2018, 07:46 PM   #101
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeRL View Post
Here are two images of two 2001’s that look pretty much like mine except mine does not have a ladder on the front!
In the first picture, the first access door looks like a propane access panel. Just aft of it and on the bottom there appears to be a label. That is where a certification label is supposed to be. If it is a certification label it will have the VIN on it.

Here is a reference. Look at part 567.4.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/...l6-part567.xml

Certification label locations for RV trailers have changed over the years, so it's going to depend on the year of manufacturer to determine if that's the proper location for your trailer.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 08:09 PM   #102
CWtheMan

Quote:
Here is a lightened copy of the sticker.

That code dates back to 2002. The trailer may have been used in a mobile home park and connected to a public water/sewer supply that required the ANSI sticker.

The authority that issued that sticker may have the vehicle vin number??????

On edit: This looks familiar. I'll bet the answer is somewhere in this document.

https://psc.mo.gov/CMSInternetData/A...l%20Report.pdf
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 08:02 PM   #103
Tbos

Quote:
Here is the reason why it may be a bit before I will be able to get under the camper:

I think you need to find a different place to park your 5th Wheel. Good luck.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:14 AM   #104
BlakeRL

Sorry for not replying.

I have not been receiving notices of new comments/replies so have not noticed last couple pages of replies.

I am sorry about that and will go back through them and respond to them now.

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
BlakeRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:19 AM   #105
BlakeRL

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
I think you need to find a different place to park your 5th Wheel. Good luck.
Currently waiting on 2 things and have been flooded twice in last 3 weeks unfortunately while waiting.

Fortunately has not gotten as high as camper bottom structure!

1. Another lot to come open in this campground with 50amp 240v shorepower receptacle on Lot.

2. Acceptance to rent a secluded single private lot on a farmers land in Alabama.

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 01-24-2019, 10:23 AM   #106
BlakeRL

I will check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
In the first picture, the first access door looks like a propane access panel. Just aft of it and on the bottom there appears to be a label. That is where a certification label is supposed to be. If it is a certification label it will have the VIN on it.

Here is a reference. Look at part 567.4.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/...l6-part567.xml

Certification label locations for RV trailers have changed over the years, so it's going to depend on the year of manufacturer to determine if that's the proper location for your trailer.
Hi CWtheMan

Just read this and the reply following it.

Thank you so much!

I will let you know if it or the two links help locate the VIN number.

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 01-24-2019, 10:32 AM   #107
BlakeRL

Thank you for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankaye View Post
BlakeRL, Howdy;

I used to own a 1985 F-250 with a 460, 4 barrel carburetor, it kept blowing the power valve gasket (can't by "Just" the gasket gotta buy the whole re-build kit). When it ran good 10 mpg. loaded/empty/towing or not, lose that gasket and all I could get was closer to 6 mpg with a tail wind going down hill. One of the speed shops (JEGS), sells (around 2008 they did), a "Blow-out Proof" 4 barrel carburetor, for them but I'd sold it by then.

hank
Thanks for the great tip hankaye!

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 01-24-2019, 10:37 AM   #108
BlakeRL

That is what I have been reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankaye View Post
JRTJH, Howdy;

Doesn't really matter, I had a 1979 Bronco with a 351W and it swallowed just about as much gas as the 460 did, the 300 cu.in. 6 cylinder was a thirsty
son-of-a-gun as well.

hank
Hi hankaye

Yep, that is what the general consensus has been in my research!

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 01-24-2019, 10:41 AM   #109
BlakeRL

It sure would be sweet to see that fuel economy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
If you got/get 16-20 mpg from a 460 Ford engine with documentation on that kind of mileage & you still have it you better donate it to Ford for their museum as it will be the only one of it's kind to ever exist. We had several at work that with a good tailwind downhill in neutral coasting would get 6 mpg, towing ANYTHING got a good solid 4 mpg. The 351' s got about 8 with 6 or less towing. With either engine if you passed a gas station you'd better stop & fill up or you may not make it to the next one.
Hi travelin Texan

It sure would be nice to see that kind of fuel economy if and when I rebuild and put the 460 carbureted gas motor in the F-250.

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 01-24-2019, 10:58 AM   #110
BlakeRL

Hi Ken / Claudia just got a pleasant surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken / Claudia View Post
The last 460 f250 work truck was maybe a 96. It was used only to pull a 8,000 boat to launch sites. 5.5 was about the best per gallon I got. In the columbia river gorge with a head wind it was around 5 mpg. pulling the combo at 60-65.
At the end of the day, I would put 60-70 gallons of fuel into the boat. It had a 454 chev marine engine. And than 18 to 20 into the truck. All on your dime, I could never afford that.
Hi Ken / Claudia

An ex neighbor just contacted a week and a half ago and informed me his job was relocating him back to Nashville from Decatur Alabama and asked if I could bring down my truck and haul his heavier and larger than my own camper!

I let him know I had not hauled a Fifthwheel on the new hitch a had bought and installed myself which is a Curt Q24 sitting on a R24 slider base and a set of universal Curt Rails.

He was okay with it so went hauled his camper up here and it did fine.

Had to get a speeding run just before the base of each of the steeper Alabama and Tennessee hills up to around 80mph at the base but it did not drop below 38mph on the steepest hills before cresting them. I did not find out till I got back with it that he had left all of his belongings in it as well which made it pretty heavy. He hid that fact when hitching it up.

MPG was between 4 & 5, but speeding up at the base of the hills, and holding the speed as well as it did on the hills and pulling well at an even kill at normal speeds on level roadways and gentle slopes, I was pleasantly surprised!

I may stick with the 351W and put some money into rebuilding it instead in the future and put a larger intake fuel body inlet and K&N Cold Air Intake and Breater on it.

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 01-24-2019, 11:06 AM   #111
BlakeRL

Hi wiredgeorge I am happy with my $900.00 F-250 except for me g!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Did someone mention the 300 cid straight 6? I had two of those. First was with the dreaded ONE barrel. It got less than 10 mpg and had a 13 gallon gas tank or something of that size... it was an 88 so sorry if memory fades. I sold it and bought a one year old F150 with the straight 6 / standard shift but bought it because it had dual tanks and fuel injection. I got just about the same mileage with that pig. The truck was great otherwise; drove it from 1996 till 2013 when I sold it and bought a 2013 F150 with the powerful 3.7 V6 (base engine) and my first ever automatic transmission. It got 16-19 mpg and while it had lots of pick up was not good towing. A small motorcycle trailer and a 500 lb motorcycle dragged the mileage down to about 12 mpg. I actually put a Lance truck top camper on that thing and even with air bags and 10 ply tires, the F150 was very very unhappy and felt like it was getting squished. The Lance owners forum thankfully didn't have anyone tell me I was an idiot for sticking all that weight on a puny F150. Thankfully my missus and I survived and I moved up to the incredibly thirsty 96 F250, the finest truck on the planet for $1700 (I have put several thousand in the truck to make it 100 percent as right as an ol' gas hog can get).
Hi wiredgeorge

I agree and will be keeping my 97 for years to come and sink a few dollars in her in the future when I can save some and get her rebuilt and up to snuff.

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 01-24-2019, 11:09 AM   #112
BlakeRL

Hi fourfourto

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto View Post
My 442 400cid th400 trans gets 8 tp 10 mpg if I drive it easy maybe 5mpg if im not . Using 90 oct gas no ethanol
Sounds good to me.

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 01-24-2019, 11:15 AM   #113
BlakeRL

Hi travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
How about the Broncos with Venturi sliding carburetor? That ranked right up there with the 6.0 diesel as a big POS, definitely not "Ford's better ideas". Had a '78 inline 6 with auto tranny at work that even in ankle deep mud couldn't/wouldn't spin the tires.
Then we can mention GMs converted gas to diesel engines!!!
Definitely, not a couple of Fords better products.

Other than the mpg though I am happy with my old mule of a F-250 4x4 for what I paid and have sunk into it thus far.

Definitely needs some work but it is a hoss and aesthetics and looks are not critical to me, but ability to get the job done is though!

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 01-24-2019, 11:19 AM   #114
BlakeRL

Hi everyone

Okay, think I have replied to all replies/comments!

Thanks again for all of your ideas and help.

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 02-07-2019, 07:40 PM   #115
BlakeRL

Hi everyone

I am in the process of moving from TN to AL.

Got flooded again yesterday unfortunately though. We got 6 inches of rain here!

I have attached some photo’s of the remote wooded lot up on Sand Mountain in Alabama where I am moving to.

Hope to have vacated my flooded lot here in TN by the 15th.

It is a single private lot in the woods on a farmers property.

Has a well, septic, and 100amps electric. Also a 500 propane tank. Will be wiring in a 50amp 240v service receptacle by the time I am there.

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	47CA7B62-98B7-4B79-AC9F-8E3534FF9482.jpeg
Views:	105
Size:	362.4 KB
ID:	20226   Click image for larger version

Name:	34F915F6-5E53-4FB3-9882-AD5419EA681A.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	335.6 KB
ID:	20227   Click image for larger version

Name:	15DBD239-43E3-4257-9A62-F1395E344D6D.jpeg
Views:	110
Size:	351.0 KB
ID:	20228   Click image for larger version

Name:	F24B8C57-8912-45F9-90F3-EC87D321560B.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	257.9 KB
ID:	20229  
Old 02-07-2019, 07:43 PM   #116
KeithInUpstateNY

Looks beautiful. Good luck with the move.

2015 Bullet 220RBI
2019 Chevy Colorado extended cab V6 3.6 liter
KeithInUpstateNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:52 PM   #117
BlakeRL

Hi compeakw

Quote:
Originally Posted by compeakw View Post
Looks beautiful. Good luck with the move.
Thank you. Hope to have my Fifthwheel camper there by the 15th. Will be busy moving and cleaning up my flooded lot and will have to remove my campers wheel bearings and repack them once I get it pulled out of the location it is in though as they have been submerged 7 times or more now, so may experience a slight delay, but hope not.

Am really looking forward to the new digs.

Have been moving things there over the last week and a half but have not been able to relax and take it all in yet!

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 02-07-2019, 09:09 PM   #118
sourdough
Site Team

I think I envy you. That looks like a really nice place. Hope you get things sorted out and get there soon so you can enjoy it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:10 PM   #119
BlakeRL

Hi sourdough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I think I envy you. That looks like a really nice place. Hope you get things sorted out and get there soon so you can enjoy it.
Thank you, it is really nice. No neighbors very close except the farmer I will be renting from who lives on the left side of the wooded area and a house on the right side of the field.

Things finally fell into place and I have been moving things down for a week and a half now.

Funds/budget will be depleted when I get my Fifthwheel camper/TT there on the 15th so may have to rough it for 2 weeks without power until I can get the electricity prepaid and started but it will be well worth it. Might have to go an additional month without internet depending on the cost to start the electric service up but I do get a cell signal there so can use my phone temporarily if so to stay in touch. FarmersTel even offers fiberoptic broadband internet in the area for $89 a month plus initial startup fees.

I am stoked about the rural location and to finally get away from the constantly flooding lot I am in here in TN just south of Nashville.

Cost of living is cheaper in Alabama than it is in this area of TN also!

Once I get settled in and my finances stabilized I will be able to start saving a little to resume repairs and renovations to my old camper. I have already moved the FEMA 31’ tongue pull camper/TT down there to use for storage while working on this one I am living in until I get it in good shape.

Sincerely,
Ronald L. Blake
Old 02-08-2019, 02:52 AM   #120
notanlines

Ronald, congrat's on your choice to vacate your present digs. Most Vol fans would view a move to Alabama akin to having permanent poison ivy. (Yes, just a little sports humor) But before you start spending any of your 'cheaper cost of living,' keep in mind that Tennessee has no state income tax. (Minnesotans eat your heart out) According to the State-Tax-2019.com QuickFact: The average family pays $2,404.00 in Alabama income taxes. Watch your money close. And watch those brakes and wheel bearings even closer!
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote