Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2018, 05:33 PM   #1
Alaskaman

Patio awning motor runs, won't extend

We just got our new Carbon 417 home. While familiarizing ourselves I tried to open the rear pario awning, the motor runs but the awning does not come out. When I push the "IN" side it sounds like it activates and sounds like it's fully retracted, with a slight "clunk", as if hitting the stop.

It delayed extending during our walk-through but after a5 seconds or so extended fine.

The awning is in a metal casing and I cannot find a way to manually extend it, there is no CareFree manual in my documentation.

Any ideas would be really appreciated before I call the dealer.

Larry
Alaskaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:42 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

The awning is most likely hanging up. There are adjustments once you get it open. Try pressing the “OUT” button for about 3 seconds and then get on a ladder and pull it out.

With it open you can go to the Carefree of Colorado website, and find the adjustment procedure based on your model.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:25 PM   #3
Pick_PSD

Agree, mine hangs up (mostly on one side) so one side will extend while the other won't . I can run it in and out a couple of times and it usually frees up but sometimes requires me to open the door and pull on the metal shroud to get it to extend.

I wouldn't run it out much as the weight of it falling could damage the awning fabric. Just enough to free it up from the 'resting' position should do it.

Tags
awning