Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2017, 12:27 PM   #1
bailey1575

considering 2017 impact 303

Hello not new to travel trailer ownership but am considering keystone
products mainly 2017 impact 303 after finding a facebook page that had miles
of complaints I figured maybe I should start here to see how memebers feel about their trailers any how I'm of to seek info from the correct areas of this page
bailey1575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:32 PM   #2
bailey1575

2017 carbon impact 303

So I'm new to this page but have been pulling trailers and fixing them for awhile now we are considering a 2017 keystone impact 303 and was wondering if anyone can share their experiences with their keystone toy haulers.
I had seen a facebook page with severally unhappy owners and looking at trailers that are 35-45,000 picking the right company for such an investment matters thanks in advance
Old 07-02-2017, 12:35 PM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

to The Forum From Western PA

We have a good size group of members having an Impact. Do not recall many complaints. I am sure they will be chiming in soon. Good Luck with your selection. While waiting may want to do a search on Impact

Be Safe and Happy Camping !!
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:36 PM   #4
captcolour

Welcome to the forum. I just purchased new back in March and saw the same pages of complaints. Keystone sells more units than anyone else, so the absolute number of complaints will be higher than other manufacturers even if the same percentage of people complain. Some of the complaints are really operator/owner error so you have to discount those. If you look, you will find similar complaint pages for Hartland, Forest River, etc. Learn from this forum and shop wisely. You should do fine.
captcolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:42 PM   #5
canesfan

Welcome to the forum!

I can find a FB page with hundreds of complaints about anything under the sun without trying. People are unhappy about everything and will post ad nauseum about it. Not to say some complaints aren't valid, because I know some of them are.

That said, you will find a lot of people here quite happy with their KS rigs. Sure, some have issues. Everything has issues. But look at the other brands forums and compare. KS is by far the largest, I think, and seems to do a very good job. I'm very happy with my Raptor. It's the first KS unit I've owned, and I've owned several brands. The last was the biggest nightmare I ever owned and on of the larger mfgs of RVs currently I believe. They were worthless to deal with and I hated the rig til the day I finally got rid of it for my current one. I would by another KS rig right now without contemplating, things staying the same. You'll get a lot of feedback, and I think you'll find most of it positive with facts to back it up. Good luck on your search!
Old 07-02-2017, 12:45 PM   #6
canesfan

You have two threads going here on the same subject. It would be helpful to keep it all in the same place. I just answered you in the other thread.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:59 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

No matter what you buy, an RV, a tow vehicle, a dog, a diamond, anything.... You can do a quick internet search and find someone who "absolutely detests" that "thing"..... You can also do a search and find someone who "absolutely loves" that "thing"....

So, depending on what you read, you either never buy anything (they're all junk) or you ignore the obvious rants and look for some valid information. Hopefully you'll find enough information to give you the data you need to make an informed decision....

Several years ago, 2011 actually, we did a poll on owner satisfaction asking if people who actually OWN a Keystone trailer would buy another Keystone product. Overwhelmingly, 317 said they would buy again and 33 said they wouldn't. You can read that thread, all 10 pages of it, here: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...highlight=poll

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 04:07 PM   #8
bailey1575

thanks for feed back they really look well enough built as far as trailers go plus as a mechanic I understand that new doesn't mean perfect. or I wouldn't have a profession hope to be able to make our purchase soon appricate your time
Old 07-03-2017, 03:49 AM   #9
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

I have a 2016 Impact 312 and love it. It is very well built, has plenty of features and room. We really like the double queen beds in the garage for when we have company stay with us. We chose this model for the 12 foot garage. This works with our bike, kayak and pedal bikes very well. We also added the patio feature for the dogs and they love hanging out on the deck and being fenced in.

Would I do this model again? Absolutely. The only thing that appeals to us more is the side deck on the Fuzion Chromes. Good luck with your search. The Impacts are very nice.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:50 AM   #10
xrated

Another Fuzion Impact owner here. I bought the Impact 303 last fall, in late October and worked on it all winter long! Not because of problems though, because I wanted to set it up for how I was going to use it. I've never owned a camping style/Toy Hauler before this one, so I have nothing to compare it to from that standpoint. What I will tell you is that it seems to me that it is built pretty well, in the world of trailerdom! There will always be little things that you will find that need "fixing", the manufacturers (all of them from what I can tell), just don't have enough quality control over their products. But in the scheme of things, I believe that the Keystone lineup is probably among the upper tier non-luxury type trailers, and the Impact 303, from personal experience seems pretty darn good to me. One of the things that strikes me is that they seem to use good quality components for their construction (other than the China bomb tires that almost all of them use too). I remember reading not too long ago about a guy that had just spent like $350K on a top of the line motorcoach, and had all kinds of quality control issues.....so it happens sometimes.

Overall, I'm pleased with mine and of the ones that I've seen out there, I would buy the Impact 303 again.....unless I wanted the bigger garage area like Chip's Impact 312. Hope this helps and holler if you have any specific questions about it.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:06 PM   #11
bailey1575

thanks for input someone beat me to the 303 so I'm hoping for a carbon 33 same set up just a bit reversed. They told me no more 303 coming I can only find six in US and none are close. the carbon appears to be of same quality from what I have laid hands on so fingers crossed..
Old 07-09-2017, 04:43 PM   #12
bailey1575

went with carbon 33

well once I sold my old trailer and went back for the 303 it had just sold couple days prior and was told that the 303 is no longer being made. I ended up finding the keystone carbon 33 info and ended up finding one in Idaho we liked gonna go pick it up on Friday.. not a huge fan of the wardrobe slide but it might be ok...thanks to all for feed back