Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #1
Labracadabera

Montana 3100RL

Hello all. My husband and I have a 2012 Montana 3100RL fifth wheel that we purchased last November. We tow with a Ford F350 diesel. Having some issues with the new camper that aren't making me very happy Hot water system would not work on electric or gas. We purchased our unit several hours away as no one local had the model we were looking for. No luck getting an authorized Keystone dealer near us to fix it and had absolutely no response from the dealer we purchased from either!!! Took it to a local guy and he repaired it, free of charge and will submit the paperwork to Suburban to be reimbursed. Few other small things will wait to be fixed as they don't really interfere with using the trailer.
Labracadabera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
Outbackmel

Issues

Sorry about your issues. Many of us on the site have similar experiences. I live in GA and was fortunate enough to have a huge independent dealer honor Keystone when I needed it and the ONLY Keystones they sold/sell are Raptor/Fuzion.

When in AZ we had an issue with our HW heater. Tried all the common approaches as recommended on this site responding to my "call for help"... no luck. Finally called a roving RV Tech, recommended by the RV Park where we were staying and he fixed it. Was a broken wire for me. (worked on gas). No more issues.

If you have any RV parks in your area, you may want to call or visit their offices for possible low budget advertised techs that they might refer. Scope out your internet tools as well, ie, Google. Also perhaps people who respond to your post have someone they can recommend.

I am 70 and was NEVER a techy person. Always had toys; boats, motorcycles, etc. Fortunately I was paid well enough and lived in areas with techs around to care for the toys. NOW, retired and stretching my dollars, AMAZING the non electrical tasks I will take on.

Travel safe and often.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote