Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
tjb3620fl

New Alpine owner

The wife and I are thrilled with the new 5th wheel and to be a member of the forum. I have a quick question or 2 were is the DirecTV receiver installed with 2 tvs one in the front living room and one in the bed room. Also the owners manuals seem to be lacking as a matter of fact there is not one there a owner manual for the 5th wheel itself. The 5th wheel is a Alpine 3632frontlivingroom. Thanks and looking forward to being a member.
tjb3620fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:24 AM   #2
GaryWT

Hi, congrats. Don't have direct tv so no help there. Enjoy, many things can be answered by looking around here, others by searching the web. Usually not much of owners manual, not like cars anyway. Good luck.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:58 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Did your trailer come with receivers? If not then you need to look for the plate where the coax from the tv attaches to. There should be another connection, that one is for the receiver. Goes like this: FROM sat dish to "SAT" in on the trailer. Then from the SAT connection to the receiver, then from the receiver to the TV. Two tv's will require two receivers, and both tv's will only be able to watch whatever is being broadcast from one satellite if they are both on at the same time.

Next is the subscription. If you have two receivers, you will need two access cards. Adding to your fun: if you venture out past your "service" area, you won't receive the local network stations. That requires another monthly subscription called direct way.

I have had direct TV in my house since 2001, and bought a winguard "carry out" in 2008. I use a receiver from the bedroom since it's on my account, and only use the big tv in the family room while camping. The bedroom gets whatever is available, but I suppose I could move the reciever.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:31 PM   #4
chubasdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb3620fl View Post
The wife and I are thrilled with the new 5th wheel and to be a member of the forum. I have a quick question or 2 were is the DirecTV receiver installed with 2 tvs one in the front living room and one in the bed room. Also the owners manuals seem to be lacking as a matter of fact there is not one there a owner manual for the 5th wheel itself. The 5th wheel is a Alpine 3632frontlivingroom. Thanks and looking forward to being a member.
The problem with most of the Alpine Bedroom TV set up is there is really no
factory place to put a receiver and of course hide the cables to the TV. If
you use the cabinet next to your TV to place a Direct/Dish Receiver, you
will have to use another cabinet to place your Blue Ray DVD Player and of
course you will have to drill some holes thru the cabinet to run your HDMI,
Sat coax cable, and make it large enough to run the Electrical plug thru. I
love my Alpine but this is one area they missed the boat. Also in Most Trailers
next to the bed there is Nothing to put your Book/Glasses etc on. I made a
Thin Running Board and screwed it on the 2in board above the bed.
chubasdad is offline   Reply With Quote