Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
mbrownao24

Cool Another new Vantage owner is proud to be here

Hello to all Vantage owners. What a pleasure it is to find that we have a site to visit. My wife, Patti, and I took possession of our 2012 32FLS in October and quickly set sail for Florida. Having no backing experience and only a few You Tube videos to teach us the basics, off we went. 19 days, 3200 miles later, and a long white scratch on the starboard side from a mailbox in Paducah, Ky and we made it home just fine. We haul it with a 2010 Ford F250 diesel and it doesn't even seem to be back there. It just seems to follow us wherever we go with not a whimper. The climb into and out of the southern Blue ridge mountains in Tennessee was not even a light sweat for our team. Patti calls it the "V" when she mentions it and she loves to drive it too. She's the daughter of a truck driving man so is right at home in a big rig.
Our plan is to leave for Texas in a few days if this snow in Missouri ever melts enough so we can stage it up next to the house. We have had over a foot of ice and snow on the top for about 3 weeks and I mean to let it go away naturally and not go picking at that soft top. Our gravel drive is awfully soft with the snowmelt and I do worry about towing so many pounds over it up to the main road.
We will enjoy perhaps meeting all of you and hearing your tales of travel. I'm always looking for another Vantage but so far no luck. I understand from another message on this board that there are 440 of them in existence. We were very sorry to hear they are being discontinued but believe anywhere we go people will always ask, what is that, how does it ride, do you like it. I tell them it's a poor man's Airstream. Patti and I are very proud to join your ranks and hope you all have fair weather and light head winds on your journey across this great land of ours. See you on the road.
Oh, and one other thing, you might notice from our pictures that we did some changes with the interior. We are DYIers and just can't help but make it ours.
Michael and Patti Brown
Oak Grove, Missouri
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Florida camping 2012 002.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	2509   Click image for larger version

Name:	Florida camping 2012 020.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	2510   Click image for larger version

Name:	Florida camping 2012 021.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	2511  
mbrownao24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Welcome to the forum! Like the pics!
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
floatflyer

Welcome to the club! Check out the Vantage social forum under the community button.
floatflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:01 AM   #4
frano

We love your chairs. We were going to have the dealer remove the couch and install similiar chairs when we bought ours. The dealer agreed but we decided to take the trailer with the couch and maybe upgrade later since we thought it might be good to reinstall the couch if/when we ever sold the Vantage. Ours is still in Winter storage (just got another foot of snow today) so we have not used it yet. Can't wait until we do. Keep posting and stay in touch in the Vantage Owners community..
frano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
mbrownao24

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks to you all for the welcome and to frano; the chairs make for a nice living room feel. Taking apart the couch/airbed is a really big chore. My grandson wanted it for his room so it's gone now. The shelving along the front bulkhead is really a mess to disassemble nicely. There are a ton of screws that can't be reached easily and some not at all. A saws-all helps the process but makes lots of sawdust and when you are done the entire thing belongs in the trash. We abandoned the 12 volt wiring for the lamps inside the walls and rewired the 2 lamps for 110 volt with new lamp sockets. We use those on the bedroom nightstands now and use a 110 volt lamp in the living room. We feel kinda selfish about giving up the extra sleeping area but the grand kids are still small enough to sleep on that little table thing if they want to come with us on the road. We do look forward to that soon. When they get too big to sleep comfortably I am betting they won't want to come along anyway.
Mike and Patti
mbrownao24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
Snowball

Welcome!

Welcome to the Vantage family. We still love ours. I like the "poor man's Airstream" comment. We have yet to see another Vantage on the road other than our friend's who bought one because they liked ours so much. Everywhere we go folks are really impressed by it. Again, welcome!
Snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #7
Yamaha_Mama

There will be another Vantage roaming around California soon. We pick up our new to us 29rls on Saturday!!
Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:26 PM   #8
floatflyer

Welcome. I haven't heard from a dissatisfied Vantage owner yet and doubt that we will. Lots of good info info on this board and everyone willing to share experiences and tips. Enjoy!
floatflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:30 AM   #9
frano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha_Mama View Post
There will be another Vantage roaming around California soon. We pick up our new to us 29rls on Saturday!!
Congratulations on your new Vantage. Everyone on this forum seems to be enjoying theirs. What's with your name? I own a couple of Yamahas--a 2008 Grizzly 700 EPS and a 2010 Vector GT.
frano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:06 AM   #10
x96mnn

Congratulations on the new trailer.

I love the look of the vantage!
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:34 AM   #11
Yamaha_Mama

Thanks for the welcome!! We ride Yamaha wave runners!!!
Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:40 AM   #12
rschad

We have a 29rls as well and love it. There is a vantage owners group on the forum, be sure and join it and share vantage info etc.
rschad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:44 AM   #13
brenkco

Yamaha!

franco,
Oh that is my DW. We have waverunners......She's a jet-ski mama!
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:56 AM   #14
Sduff

Welcome to the forum and happy camping!!

Steve
USAF Retired '96
Land of Lincoln

2013 Laredo 294RK
2015 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4 (max tow package)
2013 Passport 2890RL (2003 Chevy Silverado LS ext cab)
1968 King Camper Popup
2008 Honda GoldWing/pulling a Aluma MCTXL cargo trailer
Sduff is offline   Reply With Quote