Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
DEW

DVD Player (Audio) in my 291TG

Ok, I have a silly question.... It has to do with the TV audio with respect to using the DVD player.

1) I can watch the TV if I use the speakers on the TV only.
2) I also see if I want to use the stereo speakers in the ceiling of the living area, I can. It appears as long as the TV is up loud enough to allow the stereo amp (maybe?) to push the audio out. (think I had the stereo set to Aux 1 input)
3) Watching a DVD is the same as number 2 above

My problem is if the kids were in bed and I spin the TV to the master bedroom, I cannot figure out how to get the DVD sound to only come out the TV speakers.
I cannot have the sound going in the living area while they are sleeping and I am in the bedroom looking at the picture....

Any help on clearing up my confusion is greatly appreciated...
2003 Avalanche 5.3L w/ 4:10 gears
Reese HP Dual Cam
DEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:40 AM   #2
pollockd

so you turn off the A B C buttons on the stereo to turn off the ceiling speakers, then you go into the menu of the tv remote and turn on the tv speakers. that work?
pollockd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:10 AM   #3
cdevill

It might have to do with where the wires are plugged into the TV. I took our TV inside this winter and forgot where to hook them back into. The TV is a Sharp and the Jensen unit wires do not get plugged into the Input 1 or 2... The jacks were input but they were the R, G, B ones that I had to use. so until I got that figured out I just had to test a couple. Now mine plays through the TV and A, B and C speakers....
Old 05-19-2011, 08:32 AM   #4
DEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollockd View Post
so you turn off the A B C buttons on the stereo to turn off the ceiling speakers, then you go into the menu of the tv remote and turn on the tv speakers. that work?
It does, but I need to have the volume way up to hear anything. And that which I hear is somewhat muffled. Wonder if it is being loaded down by the stereo (even though A,B,C are off)
If I were to flip to TV aerial from the DVD at this point I would probably blow up the speakes in the TV.

Maybe I need to take a closer look at how it is wired up after the weekend.
2003 Avalanche 5.3L w/ 4:10 gears
Reese HP Dual Cam
DEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
rturriff7

DEW,

I have the same problem as you but can't get any sound from the TV to the speakers at all. I can live with this. The big issue as you said is getting a DVD sound to go out the TV speakers and not just the house speakers.

My DVD player is an ESTONE (piece of complete garbage) and the TV is Sansui (also garbage). Nice job Keystone filling your units with garbage electronics. I would rather it came with none and saved the 50 bucks Keystone spent on these and bought my own.

Anyways...hopefully someone can help with this. It is all wired the way it is supposed to be btw.

Also, the outdoor "grill" and stove are both pieces of garbage too.
Andersen Ultimate
Honda EU3000is
rturriff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
fireballux21

Dew
Check the cable from DVD player to TV make sure it is pluged into the correct location. ( varies by TV) but should be labled A/V in or similar

Also make sure it is in the AV out of the DVD player.

Make and Model of items may help with getting you the details you need.

rturriff7
Hmm i have the same issue with the Jensen tv and DVD/steroe I cannot get the TV sound out the stareo speakers. not a big issue for me with how we use it but disapointing.

I did find that nothing was wired corretly when i got it as I am in the noreast and the dealer pulls the TV's to prevent cracking and theft.
fireballux21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #7
tribalsimba

HD

I have not tried to watch a DVD in the bedroom yet; but I am able to watch TV as you state without the Stereo. That will be a bummer for me if that is the reality; I wonder if you just turn up the stereo with all the speaker zones off; if that increases the sound sent to the TV so it's more audible and not muffled.

My larger complaint is that I have a HD TV; that is not able to do present HD from the DVD Player. Not even 16:9; only 4:3. What a complete oversight. If you put a widescreen HDTV in the unit Keystone; you should have accomodated it with an ample DVD Player capable of connecting to the TV in HD.

Jensen is 'JUST' coming out with the HD model that is a direct replacement.
http://www.jensenrvdirect.com/jensen...eo-output.html