Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2018, 07:19 PM   #1
16CougarNewbie

2016 28RLS bedroom TV mount

I just purchased a 2016 28rls and want to mount a tv in the bedroom. Like so many other owners it is not clear where to mount the tv on the wall. There is only one vertical stud in the wall which is not even in the center of the wall. The wall sticker is so high I can't mount the tv. The rest of the wall seems very soft and hollow. Any help would be greatly appreciated on where exactly the TV should be mounted.
16CougarNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:45 AM   #2
Bisjoe

The wall stickers are never accurate, our dealer even warned us about that. You have to use a stud finder and screw into the stud. If there is only one you will have to use it. If that's not the best place for the TV, get a mount that extends so you can move or turn it to one side or the other for watching.

Bisjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:54 AM   #3
16CougarNewbie

Thanks for that. I need to look into whether there is another stud near the outside wall that would give me two points to mount a longer rail that allows the TV to be positioned along the rail. that would be ideal.
16CougarNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:06 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Usually there is a plate that runs from one stud to another (mounted between the studs) that is the intended mounting plate for the TV stand. On interior walls it's usually a plywood plate, on the exterior wall, if it's a wooden framed trailer, it's usually wood and if it's an aluminum framed trailer, it's a part of the "strapping" used to hang the cabinets in the trailer or an aluminum plate that's welded in place, intended to be drilled to mount the TV stand.

Here are a few pictures of the framing on a typical trailer sidewall framing. You can see the strapping for the cabinets in the fifth wheel cutaway (item 18) and you can see some wooden blocks installed in the wood frame in other pictures.

I've no sure idea on what is behind the "Mount TV here" sticker that's on your wall, but maybe these pictures will give you some ideas on what to expect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fifth-wheel-cut-away.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	15443   Click image for larger version

Name:	RV SIDEWALL construction2.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	15444   Click image for larger version

Name:	RV SIDEWALL construction3.jpg
Views:	581