Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
gbsb

Keystone Raptor vs Fuzion

I went to the Keystone web site and they have all their products listed. Under toyhauler they have low $ , mid $, higher $. Under higher $4 they have Fuzion and Raptor. What is the difference between the Raptor and the Fuzion. I have a 2010 Fuzion 383 TE 11 and love it. But was just wondering the difference inquiring minds want to know, lol George
Living the dream fulltiming across America
gbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
mrxlh

In general Fusions are fancier and have more options.

2008 Ford F350 CC LWB Dually
2011 Raptor 4014LEV
2006 H-D FLHX
2010 Honda Rancher 420ES
mrxlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
gbsb

Thanks for the reply. George
Old 03-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
Bparrot

We looked at both and just liked the layout and offering of the Fuzion better. I still look and both and still the Fuzion wins hands down.
Bparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #5
Jim&Kelly

Wink

We also looked at both, did some research and they ate pretty much the same,frame wise etc. So it boiled down to interior design and options so we are now awaiting a 2013 raptor. The dealer and factory Rep really worked hard for us and even tho they no longer make the velocity pkg. on the raptor ours will have it with hydraulic 6 pt system jacks and a few more options. So excited, cant wait to see it as we don't know yet what the 2013 has to offer different than the 2012. Should be here 1st week in may.
Bela the std poodle
Yoda the Siamese cat
2008 HD heritage softail anniversary edition
Kawasaki teryx side-by-side Atv
Jim&Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:01 AM   #6
cmssorrell

I like the Fuzion, looks better.

Mark

2012 Keystone Avalanche 330RE

2007 Harley Davidson Ultra
2000 Softail Springer
cmssorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:47 AM   #7
gbsb

I thouht they were probably the same as for as constuction goes. both upper end Keystone. We chose the 383 Fuzion because of the things that made it unpopular. No bunk beds, very small garage, the 383 was only made for three years and was dicontinued because of low sales. We are retired so there is just the two of us, small garage, we carry our Harley Triglide with us just right fit more living area. This is our thrid Keystone, 2003 3670 Montana, 2009 3400RL Anniversary Edition Montana, and now the 2010 Fuzion Touring Edition 11 Toyhauler. We realy loved the 3400 but could not take the Trike with us so had to make concessions I have been riding for over 40 years and even thou I had to go to three wheels because of age and health issues I was not ready to quit ridding. We have had very good luck With our campers I read about a lot of the problems out there and do feel for those having them. There is always breakdowns and repairs to be done and I beleive dealer and maintenance is a big difference. When we had a stick and brick there was always something to do to it and it wasn't pulled down the road at 60 mph. Thanks for the comments and hope evey one has a great spring and camping season. George
Old 05-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #8
dyna_rider98

GBSB
I have a 2012 tri glide and am purchasing a 2007 Raptor 3712. Do you have any problems with dragging pipes or high centering while riding the Tri into your trailer? Thanks Fred
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsb View Post
I thouht they were probably the same as for as constuction goes. both upper end Keystone. We chose the 383 Fuzion because of the things that made it unpopular. No bunk beds, very small garage, the 383 was only made for three years and was dicontinued because of low sales. We are retired so there is just the two of us, small garage, we carry our Harley Triglide with us just right fit more living area. This is our thrid Keystone, 2003 3670 Montana, 2009 3400RL Anniversary Edition Montana, and now the 2010 Fuzion Touring Edition 11 Toyhauler. We realy loved the 3400 but could not take the Trike with us so had to make concessions I have been riding for over 40 years and even thou I had to go to three wheels because of age and health issues I was not ready to quit ridding. We have had very good luck With our campers I read about a lot of the problems out there and do feel for those having them. There is always breakdowns and repairs to be done and I beleive dealer and maintenance is a big difference. When we had a stick and brick there was always something to do to it and it wasn't pulled down the road at 60 mph. Thanks for the comments and hope evey one has a great spring and camping season. George
dyna_rider98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #9
KellyVA

We looked and looked also and ended up with the Fuzion 375. It was the lighter interior and floor plan that sold me. We thought we needed the 12' garage but are very happy with the 10'. Both of our bikes fit in it just fine and we plan to take either one or both bunks out to lighten the load. We are full-timing in it and it's working great!
KellyVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #10
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

The only difference I found between the Raptors and Fuzions when we were looking was a difference of 6 inches in interior width. (ON Edit::::: Changed to proper model sorry it was not Fuzion as originally stated) Energy's were 92" and Raptors were 98". This was the case for both TT and 5th wheels and units varied as much as an inch. For many the difference in width means little but for those of us hauling snowmobiles need the width to put machines in side by side.

Dealer told us they were exactly the same but both the wife and I knew something was different. Sales man gave us the I have been doing this for a lot of years and there are no differences. When I pulled my tape measure out he was no longer interested in working with us.
Big Boy w/ Big Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #11
maxx1963

I hate to disagree with you, but you are wrong. And i just went and measured my fuzion to be certain. It measures 99" in the garage. All raptors and fuzions (fifth wheels) are built on the exact same frame and are both wide body trailers. not sure what fuzion you were measuring.

2005 2500HD CCLB Duramax. LBZ mouthpiece, factory CAI mod, Diamond eye "quiet" downpipe back exhaust/ Reese elite under bed rail hitch
2008 Fuzion 362
2008 KFX 700
2007 Yamaha Wolverine(wife's)
2002 Suzuki LT-A50(daughter's)
1995 Yamaha G14 golf cart
maxx1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #12
wbatto

We bought a 381 Fuzion

We looked at both Raptors and Fuzions for about 8 months before we decided. We liked the 381 Fuzion lay out better for our needs. (12 CF fridge, the bedroom and the DW liked the Interior design) We also got the monster package with ours which was a good value for the price(6 point lev, frameless windows, central vac, lit awnings, 5.5 gen, 46" HD LCD TV W/sound bar and memory foam res queen mattress.) I will say we both liked the bedroom area in the Fuzions better as they seamed to be more spacious and you could get around better. I guess in the end its what fits your needs, what you like the best and the best value for the money.
wbatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #13
abneynormal

2011 raptor 3912lev 2 bikes

me and my 82 yr old dad ride. I ride a 900 Vulcan lt he has a lehman boulevard trike c50(800)cc they both fit in the 12' garage.
abneynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #14
gbsb

OurFuzion is a 2010 383 Touring Edition 11 and it is the wide body.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:43 AM   #15
crash

The side patio deck kit sold it for usAnd the 14ft garage.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:41 AM   #16
KellyVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy w/ Big Toys View Post
Dealer told us they were exactly the same but both the wife and I knew something was different. Sales man gave us the I have been doing this for a lot of years and there are no differences. When I pulled my tape measure out he was no longer interested in working with us.
While we were in the search mode I found I usually knew more about these rigs from all of my online research than any of the salesmen and most of them admitted it.
KellyVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #17
Loriv247

We also went back and forth between the Fuzion and Raptor. I guess it just boils down to personal preference in terms of options. In the end the Fuzion 342 won for us because we liked the food pantry, loft bed, 12 ft garage, more cabinets and storage space and it was just nicer looking inside vs the the Raptor 310. My only hang up is that I wish it had the king bed that the raptor offered. Time we get our two toddlers and dog jumping into the bed with us, a queen starts to feel more like a twin! Ha ha If I could design the perfect Fuzion, it would have a king bed, 12 cu ft. Fridge, flush corian stove top cover, pantry, loft bed, keyless entry, 4-step entry, garage patio enclosure, awning over the garage, built-in outside TV and keeping it at 34ft length. I know they offer bigger, triple axle Fuzions with all this stuff but most campgrounds we frequent have a max site length of 35ft.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #18
howdy
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriv247 View Post
I know they offer bigger, triple axle Fuzions with all this stuff but most campgrounds we frequent have a max site length of 35ft.
Yea, but your 342 is just shy of 38', so you are past 35' anyways Isn't it listed at something like 37'7" ?
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #19
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx1963 View Post
I hate to disagree with you, but you are wrong. And i just went and measured my fuzion to be certain. It measures 99" in the garage. All raptors and fuzions (fifth wheels) are built on the exact same frame and are both wide body trailers. not sure what fuzion you were measuring.
Sorry forget what I said on width....it was the Energy that was the narrow one not the Fuzion. I had looked at my research papers wrong. Lots of scribble.

As far as the same frame....just not sure they use the same tape measure to put any of these things together. My 10 foot Raptor garage fits my Arctic Cat Wildcat, my friends not even close, at least an inch short, same trailer, same year, just built a couple of months apart.
Big Boy w/ Big Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #20
maxx1963

I agree with your tape measure foment! It is crazy how these can be just a little different!

2005 2500HD CCLB Duramax. LBZ mouthpiece, factory CAI mod, Diamond eye "quiet" downpipe back exhaust/ Reese elite under bed rail hitch
2008 Fuzion 362
2008 KFX 700
2007 Yamaha Wolverine(wife's)
2002 Suzuki LT-A50(daughter's)
1995 Yamaha G14 golf cart
maxx1963 is offline   Reply With Quote