Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2015, 11:39 AM   #1
adobronut

2014 Fuzion 371 Couch Slideout issue

Hi Everyone
I am just wondering if anyone elses couch slideout leaves about a 1" gap at the bottom and fully extended out at the top. Since this is my first trailer with slideouts and the two smaller ones seem to slide out evenly top and bottom i am wondering if this is normal for the larger one. I will be bringing it back to the dealer for all of it's warranty issues and would like this addressed if it is not suppose to be like this.

Thanks
adobronut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:46 AM   #2
cw3jason

Sounds like it is out of adjustment. Should be easy for your dealer to fix

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
B&W Patriot 16k fifth wheel hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 12:13 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

I'm not sure what you mean by, "a 1" gap at the bottom and fully extended at the top"...

When the slide is "fully extended" the inside bulb seal should be in contact with the trailer wall and there should be no gaps, no light infiltration and no air movement. When the slide is "fully retracted" the outside bulb seal should be in contact with the trailer sidewall and there should be no gaps, etc....

Sometimes, depending on the slide, the way the interior trim is stapled in place or other assembly "pitfalls" you might see a "trim gap" at the top or bottom but the seals should fit properly. That is pretty much a "cosmetic" issue and sometimes can be corrected, sometimes not.

The main (and important) consideration is that the slide fit properly, that there's no gaps to allow rain, cold air or dirt/dust inside and that the floor is flush and level with no flexing when you step on the edge.

Occasionally a slide may be installed in such a manner that it does have a "trim gap" but there shouldn't be any gaps that affect the seals. It's more important to have proper seal fit than cosmetic fit, although having both is optimum, if possible.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 04:46 PM   #4
adobronut

Thanks for your replies everyone. Yes to explain it a little better, if I were to put a level on the roof it would not be level but the outer most part sagging down a bit an not sitting level.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:48 AM   #5
jsmith948

I think you will find that the roof of the slide is built on a slight slope to draw rain away from the trailer wall. If you measure the end wall height at the outside wall of the slide and at the slide opening/trailer wall, you should see that the slide roof slopes. On our slides, the ceiling slope is easily seen by looking above the end wall window valence. Also, on our 5er, the top of the slide contacts the trailer wall first, then the room sort of tilts up as the slide continues out. I only mention that in case you aren't allowing the slide to fully extend.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:11 AM   #6
adobronut

Hi jsmith

Well you are understanding what i am getting at.. yes the top hits first but the motor does not finish pulling the bottom out to flush.. that i guess was my point. So I am guessing that the slide has to come out evenly from start to finish which it is not then not making it even when it hits the end either. I have seen slideouts do exactly that where it goes on an angle not to scratch the floor then at the end make it even. With this being cable design I am guessing it needs adjusted, I just had not seen cable design before.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:23 PM   #7
roadglide

When the slider is sucked in all the seals should be tight against the out side wall. When the slide is all the way out the distance inside should be the same.
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:58 AM   #8
jsmith948

Quote:
Originally Posted by adobronut View Post
Hi jsmith

Well you are understanding what i am getting at.. yes the top hits first but the motor does not finish pulling the bottom out to flush.. that i guess was my point. So I am guessing that the slide has to come out evenly from start to finish which it is not then not making it even when it hits the end either. I have seen slideouts do exactly that where it goes on an angle not to scratch the floor then at the end make it even. With this being cable design I am guessing it needs adjusted, I just had not seen cable design before.
Don't know a thing about cable slide adjustment. Ours is the rack & pinion type drive. The motor/drive ratchets when the room is fully out/in. Hopefully, you can download the manual for your style slide. Good luck with it.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote