Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2018, 08:45 AM   #1
jdixon980

Another issue

As most of you know about my fridge issue this week. I found another issue. I have a leak in the plumbing on the shower. It is leaking on both sides of elbow. I have tried tightening both sides but still leaks. So can’t use my shower for the second half of our trip. If I had a mobile repair service come out and repair shower and look at fridge, would Keystone reimbursement me the money? I am going to guess no, but was wondering if anybody has tried this? If I flip the switch to gas on fridge, how do I know it is working? Have not seen any type of codes? Just hate to have issues like this on a new camper that was bought in April. My last camper was a Heartland Mallard travel trailer. Had it a couple of years, not one ounce of trouble. I am sure campers are just like automobiles, you can have trouble with any brand. But there is some disappointment when you have trouble with new! Thanks for any replies!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1346.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	17313
jdixon980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:02 AM   #2
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdixon980 View Post
As most of you know about my fridge issue this week. I found another issue. I have a leak in the plumbing on the shower. It is leaking on both sides of elbow. I have tried tightening both sides but still leaks. So can’t use my shower for the second half of our trip. If I had a mobile repair service come out and repair shower and look at fridge, would Keystone reimbursement me the money? I am going to guess no, but was wondering if anybody has tried this? If I flip the switch to gas on fridge, how do I know it is working? Have not seen any type of codes? Just hate to have issues like this on a new camper that was bought in April. My last camper was a Heartland Mallard travel trailer. Had it a couple of years, not one ounce of trouble. I am sure campers are just like automobiles, you can have trouble with any brand. But there is some disappointment when you have trouble with new! Thanks for any replies!Attachment 17313
https://youtu.be/VEcVnd8-mCY

Most likely a seal installed wrong...

Also see my pm
Old 07-04-2018, 09:03 AM   #3
mhbell

Why not call Keystone and see what they suggest. Explain your problem to them and tell them where you are located. Just maybe they will authorize a mobile repair, or direct you to a nearby facility to get repairs.
Mel.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:20 AM   #4
Ken / Claudia

Buy a roll of thread tape around 60 cents. Unscrew the pipe joint and remove it. Double check the drain above it, tighten that nut by hand. Put tape on threads and put back together. Should take 15 minutes, or 1st timers maybe longer. Run some water through drain, that will almost always fix that problem. Keep tape for other pipe other loose connections. Sounds like you have never done this repair before, maybe check Utube for leaking pipes fix.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:48 AM   #5
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Jeff, call Keystone FIRST. I think it would be a worse situation to get an unauthorized repair reimbursed. You could also talk to a mobile tech to see if they do warranty repairs and if so, what they would recommend.

The pipe fix should be pretty easy. The suggestions already given are good ones.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote