Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2018, 12:05 PM   #21
sarahdove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfleetmarj View Post
We have the same setup in our 2016 Fuzion 371 toyhauler garage...bed blocks the vents and AC unit. So we leave the bed down. We don't use the lower benches, except for extra storage and it makes a great dog sleeping area. We travel with dogs in crates in the garage so the AC is a must during the summer. We did have issues with cooling the trailer and found that both units had issues with the solid foam divider between the cooling air and intake air. On both units the divider had fallen and all cold air was going up the intake instead of in the ceiling vents. Once we duct taped the divider back into position the trailer cooled just fine. There seems to be a mfg flaw on design if both units had the same issue. We couldn't find any structure that kept the foam divider in place, so we had to duct tape it. Not sure of make....but I think they were Dometic.
We have the 2015 371 and the living area does not cool off. The bedroom is freezing and the garage is cold. We had to go buy a portable air unit and stick the hose out of the window by the sofa. The darn unit blocks the door into the garage but it keeps the living area very cool.
sarahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:58 PM   #22
craiggemt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattE303 View Post
Wow, I'm guess we're lucky the "weight distribution requirements" for our Carbon dictated putting the A/C units over the living room and bedroom, I would hate it if one was over the garage instead of the living room. We use the garage pretty much exclusively as a garage, and it's much easier to cool the actual living area if we don't have to cool the garage at the same time! The ducting does extend to the garage area (with just one actual vent back there) but I have it blocked off so we don't "waste" any of the cool air.

What are you using to block off the garage vent?
craiggemt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a/c, air conditioning, fuzion, garage