Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2018, 05:10 PM   #1
Starfleetmarj

Fold down rear steps have too much spring action

Has anyone had issues with the rear fold down steps on their Fuzion? It seems like one side of the steps is no longer supported and it gives way more than it should when stepping on them. Are they supposed to be welded to the frame? The front steps looks bolted but I don't see the same setup for the rear steps.
Starfleetmarj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:38 AM   #2
mazboy

i don't have a fuzion but lots of step problems over the years.
'it seems'? you need to get someone looking when you are stepping on the stairs. the steps may just be bolted to the frame and the bolt needs to be tightened.

or the steps may have a broken piece on it, carefully compare both sides of the steps, one of the stops could have broken off. There was a recall on a certain step a few years ago...

and some steps are just cheap, you may want to upgrade?

and finally, if your trailer is under a warranty get to the dealer.
good luck
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:57 PM   #3
fjr vfr

It's very common for fold down steps to feel flimsy and after a good deal of use actually end up flimsy.

When we camp I always put something under the bottom step to support it. Sometimes I use an aluminum jack stand available from Walmart and sometimes blocks of wood and any combination of them both. Bottom line is they work much better with extra support.
fjr vfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:48 PM   #4
MattHelm21

My steps are not flimsy and I have the fold down steps(4 steps) front and back. I would think if you are noticing one side to be less sturdy than the other, look for a broken bolt/pin. The whole thing is a mess of pins and pivot points any of which may have failed. Also check to see if the brackets the steps are mounted to have broken loose somhow. BTW, I weigh 250lbs and I’ve climbed right up the steps after my DW while she was on the top step and never felt unsafe.