Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2017, 03:20 PM   #1
schallerr

Thinking of buying a Laredo 330RL

Thinking about buying a Laredo 330RL and wondering if any previous owners could give me their opinion.

We had a 2001 TT for many years and are now back at buying. Seems there are many problems with lots of different manufactures and models. Just trying to save any issues.

Thanks!
Rose
schallerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:26 PM   #2
Frank G

First of all Welcome

We are in Bristol IN spending the first of 3 nights in our new Laredo 325RL, tomorrow we are off to the afternoon tour of the Laredo factory in Goshen, IN.

You ask an interesting question and to answer it will fill many pages. To keep it simple most (all) of the TT you look at in the under 100k price range are constructed of similar materials and outfitted with a mix of the same components. Obviously the more you pay you get more upscale components but surprisingly similar construction.

Whatever you consider make sure it has the features you want including creature comforts.

Seating comfort
Refirgation size
Air Conditioning Noise... Some units are quieter than others
Counter Space
Pantry Space
Bed size and comfort same with the bath or shower
Quality of Insulation
Washer and Dryer prep
The list goes on and on

Remember once you commit you cannot turn back

As for quality, in the last two years We owned a Forest River Product and now the Laredo. They are comparable, the Laredo has a better fit and finish
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:35 AM   #3
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Enjoy your hunt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:39 AM   #4
66joej

Welcome to the forum from Radium Hot Springs BC.
Good luck with your search. Problems do not seem to be to any specific manufacturer. As mentioned above all are constructed similarly.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:39 AM   #5
Tbos

Welcome to the forum from Southern Md. Have fun shopping for your new rig. Make sure you let us know what you decide and post pictures when you get it. FYI, even if you decide against a Keystone product you are still welcome to be part of the forum.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:12 AM   #6
Double b

Quote:
Originally Posted by schallerr View Post
Thinking about buying a Laredo 330RL and wondering if any previous owners could give me their opinion.

We had a 2001 TT for many years and are now back at buying. Seems there are many problems with lots of different manufactures and models. Just trying to save any issues.

Thanks!
Rose
Stay away from anything that has a dark color front fiberglass cap. Due to the dark color the color fading or clear coat oxidation shows big time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cap.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	12544

Mine is a 2014 and the clear coat is already peeling off. Not covered under warranty either. You will be looking into a 5k bill to fix in a couple of years.
Double b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:18 AM   #7
schallerr

Thanks for your responses so far. Seems like they don't build them like they used to. We bought a used crossroads (2013) and are returning it Saturday. The DR/LR slide had a bent frame and won't work.

Trying to be extra careful now. Sold our old camper, returning our new camper and camperless at the beginning of camping season.

Rose
Old 05-11-2017, 10:59 AM   #8
Mikendebbie

2017 Laredo 330RL

We bought a 2017 Laredo 330RL 6 months ago (Nov 2016).
We have been happy with it. I agree with the above posts - but specific to this model, which by the way we stopped into the dealer last week just to look around and noticed several differences in the "late year" 330RL compared to our "early year" model (ours was manf. in Aug 2016)
- At the dealer, we did not notice ours was lacking electrical outlets where we wish we had them...near the bed in the front, and in the slide out by the table. I have to run an extension cord to plug in my computer. Also did not notice there is no 12 volt plug, or any plugs with USB chargers built in.
- We did not notice the bath room had no towel bars, shelves or toilet paper holder. I added this stuff myself. Dealer was slow to non-responsive to my inquiries about this.
- By the way - I called Keystone to see if I could get a layout of the wood studs for attaching stuff in the bathroom. NOPE! They don't do that! They want you to pay the dealer to do stuff. Jayco practically sent me the construction plans for my previous unit. Jayco was very accomodating.
- We like to listen to am talk radio. This is utterly impossible. Radio is crap. You hear barely audible mush over static. Speakers are bad. There is no old fashioned radio antenna. There are several posts discussing all of this here. It is on my list to fix. By the way - our previous Jayco radio was also crap. Dealer told me at the time that crappy radios are industry standard...just walk in any unit on the lot and try the radio. I think he is correct - unfortunately.
- Ours has a Sansui tv...nd TV manf. vary in different units. We like the picture - but the volume level between about "10 and "50" is no different. I intend to get a sound bar.
- Both A/Cs work well - but they are loud. We actually like the noise for sleeping - but if you are looking for "whisper quietness" - you probably need to upgrade to a Montana or equal. The loud A/C does not help the weak TV sound.
- Mine has dedicated cable and satellite connections. I have a Dish tailgater. Both connections work for park cable - but the tailgater signal evidently does not have enough "uumpf" to get thru to the black box. I had to run a direct coax to the back of the box to get Dish to work. I can not use the built in connection.
- The theater seats do not sit well on the edge of the slide-out. They will rock forward. I always put a short 2x6 under the front feet to stabilize the chairs. I always remember to remove the 2x6 before running in the slide out however!
- The dining chair seat bottoms are MDF - not plywood. The hinge screws pulled out the first time we used the seat for storage. I re-attached the screws at installed a strap stop so the seat would not "over-open" and break off.
- This trailer is a long son-of-a-gun! I am still learning how wide to corner without coming too close to an obstruction. I have been pulling trailers and 5th wheels since I was a kid. This one feels as long as an 18 wheeler.
- We noticed the new models on the lot now do not have a window behind the stove like ours. Wife likes that window.
- We like the chest of drawers in the bedroom better in the new models...but ours works fine. This change makes a bigger space above the vanity for a bigger TV which is good I suppose.
- They are putting a recessed shelf near the bed now. Ours does not have that and our closet is bigger as a result!
- Ours has two types of wall covering...a dark and a light color. We noticed the new ones have only one color. We prefer our wall covering over what is offered today.
- I noticed a "solar ready" plug near the front of the new ones. Mine does not have that.
- Our unit did not come with a sink cover/cutting board. The new ones have a cover now. I paid $60 and bought one for my wife.
- The slide-out buttons are in a different location that ours. I think the new ones are more convieniently located.
- The new ones have LED lights for running lights and tail lights. Mine does not.
- We replaced the few incandescent lights with LEDs over the sink and the table. New ones already have LEDs.
- The shower door bottom guide rail was not caulked to the jamb and leaked. I silicone caulked it and it is fixed.
- Our unit had "raised panel" doors on bath and bedroom. The new ones have flat doors and the bedroom door is a slider. I prefer our doors over the new ones. We do not need to close off the bedroom so I removed the bedroom door anyway.
- It is tight scooching around the bed to make it up.
- We replaced factory mattress with a better foam mattress that is heavier. Our new mattress is taller than the factory mattress but we sure sleep good.
- Wife now misses a bathtub. BIGTIME! It has a great shower (I replaced the factory shower head and hose). We have seen a front bath Montana fiver that she loves and pines for every day. As soon as I win the lottery I am going to go get that Montana (the price is double what the Laredo cost!)
- In spite of my long list - we really like the trailer and would do it again.
- My 1 ton Chevy tows it like a dream. No problem.
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:29 PM   #9
schallerr

Thanks MikeandDebbie for that review! It is really helpful!
Rose
Old 05-13-2017, 10:39 AM   #10
schallerr

We just looked at a 2018 that is a 50amp but doesn't have the 2nd ac, just prepped for it. He said we only need to use 30amp and can just get a dogbone to use as a 30amp. Anyone else do this?
Old 05-13-2017, 11:04 AM   #11
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by schallerr View Post
We just looked at a 2018 that is a 50amp but doesn't have the 2nd ac, just prepped for it. He said we only need to use 30amp and can just get a dogbone to use as a 30amp. Anyone else do this?

If it's a 50A why try to use 30A? If there is no 50A service then yes, use a 30A adapter. I try to always stay where there is 50A service (when in improved campgrounds) but deploy my 30A adapter, or even the 20A adapter, when required.

Remember using the 30A adapter "just because" vs the 50A only degrades the electrical service you're bringing into your trailer. Even though you only have one AC (I would get the 2nd AC upgrade) running with 30A limits what you can run. With the AC on things can get "iffy" if you try to run a lot of stuff; same if you're running 1500W heaters.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:08 AM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

With a single A/C you can use a "dogbone" and connect to 30 amp power. However, you still need to be aware that running the A/C, water heater, refrigerator AND turning on the microwave (or a hair dryer) will still overload the system.

So, yes, you can run a "single A/C" trailer on a 30 amp source, but you do have to "manage" your power consumption. With that same trailer connected to a 50 amp source, you can run everything in the trailer with power to spare including the microwave AND that "infamous" hair dryer......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:23 PM   #13
Sallen80

We have a Laredo 333bh
Its not to different than the the one you're looking at. We got a 2018 and so far only one trip in we love it
Couch isn't the best and needs a foot rest. Looking for one still
Fire place is a nice extra we didn't expect that we would like.
Front end cap is now painted which I hope helps with the fading issue others have.
It is very long and takes some getting used to but my gmc 2500 pulls it easier than my last unit which was lighter and shorter.
We got the upgraded mattress and its not that bad.
Hope this helps
Shay
Sallen80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
laredo