Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2017, 04:47 PM   #1
apollonalo

2017 Cougar 359mbi outlet issue...

Hello Everyone,

New to the forum and I think its a great site with tons of great info. I would also like to say that My family and I absolutely love this camper. We had looked at so many others most all of which would have been good but in the end settled on this one and couldn't be happier. But, theirs always a but The outlet on the island, the outlet in the front storage and the out side outlet do not work. ALL others work and the gfci in the bathroom is not tripped and functions as it should.
My question. What might I be missing here? I cycled all breakers to make sure nothing had tripped. No dice. Like I said ALL other outlets work. Tried them all and was amazed at how many outlets there are in this unit. We have been using it as is with no issues but as time goes on thought it was time to ask the question. Its currently set up on a seasonal site that we are at 4-5 days a week and am trying to avoid bringing it in to get checked out and be without it for weeks.
Thank you in advance for any info or ideas you may have.
apollonalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:54 PM   #2
Eastham

Is there a different GFI OUTLET for the outside plug that is separate from the bathroom that might be triped.
Eastham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:59 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Welcome to the forum and to Keystone RVing.... We're happy you decided to join us and hope you find your time on the forum rewarding and educational.

As for the outlets that aren't working: They are all in locations where GFI protection is required so I'd suspect that somewhere in your trailer is another GFI protector that, so far, has eluded your searching. It may be in the front storage compartment, in the kitchen or most anywhere. It's there, you just have to keep looking until you find it.

Now, that said, Keystone does have a "reputation" of "daisy-chaining" outlets to one GFI. One member reported having 5 or 6 outlets on the same GFI. Any time they are "daisy-chained" a loose connection will "kill" all the outlets past that point, so you might have a loose connection behind one of the outlets that's working and everything past that point is "dead". If you decide to pull the outlets and check connections, don't forget to either unplug your shore power cable or be "DOUBLE SURE" that you've got the correct circuit breaker off before you go touching the wrong thing !!!

Let us know what you find.

Again, welcome to the forum.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:00 PM   #4
apollonalo

Seems like there would be but not that I have seen or found. Thank you for the reply though.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:05 PM   #5
apollonalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Welcome to the forum and to Keystone RVing.... We're happy you decided to join us and hope you find your time on the forum rewarding and educational.

As for the outlets that aren't working: They are all in locations where GFI protection is required so I'd suspect that somewhere in your trailer is another GFI protector that, so far, has eluded your searching. It may be in the front storage compartment, in the kitchen or most anywhere. It's there, you just have to keep looking until you find it.

Now, that said, Keystone does have a "reputation" of "daisy-chaining" outlets to one GFI. One member reported having 5 or 6 outlets on the same GFI. Any time they are "daisy-chained" a loose connection will "kill" all the outlets past that point, so you might have a loose connection behind one of the outlets that's working and everything past that point is "dead". If you decide to pull the outlets and check connections, don't forget to either unplug your shore power cable or be "DOUBLE SURE" that you've got the correct circuit breaker off before you go touching the wrong thing !!!

Let us know what you find.

Again, welcome to the forum.

I will certainly post my progress. Thank you for the reply.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:53 AM   #6
Mic

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollonalo View Post
Hello Everyone,

New to the forum and I think its a great site with tons of great info. I would also like to say that My family and I absolutely love this camper. We had looked at so many others most all of which would have been good but in the end settled on this one and couldn't be happier. But, theirs always a but The outlet on the island, the outlet in the front storage and the out side outlet do not work. ALL others work and the gfci in the bathroom is not tripped and functions as it should.
My question. What might I be missing here? I cycled all breakers to make sure nothing had tripped. No dice. Like I said ALL other outlets work. Tried them all and was amazed at how many outlets there are in this unit. We have been using it as is with no issues but as time goes on thought it was time to ask the question. Its currently set up on a seasonal site that we are at 4-5 days a week and am trying to avoid bringing it in to get checked out and be without it for weeks.
Thank you in advance for any info or ideas you may have.
Hi

Same model here.

Yes all those outlets have a sticker on them.

All feed from bathroom GFCI.

I would trip and reset the GFCI to be sure.

Else GFCI has line and load sides reversed.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:10 AM   #7
apollonalo

Well its been awhile with this one. It ended up being the down stream neutral wire was not connected at the bathroom gfci. I stripped the wire back and when I loosened the screw a bit to slide the wire in a short broken off piece came out. All outlets now work. Got used to them not working. Have no idea how we will manage with them all working now

Happy Camping

Tags
cougar