Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2017, 06:49 AM   #11
I parked in one for a few hours during a storm filled trip home, didn't check in, but had no problems. Other than my wife doesn't enjoy it.

Tony & Leslie
2014 Passport Ultra Lite 2300BH Grand Touring
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 5.3L 4x4

{tpc} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:26 AM   #12
Great thread...was wondering about this. We will likely be doing this a time or 2 next year.

AndyNSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:16 PM   #13
A few years ago, we bought our first TT. My wife had never been camping (if you can call it that) with a trailer, so we just went to the nearest Walmart for a night, then to another one not far away for another night. Worked out good, as we were able to outfit our little trailer.

Since then, we have often stayed in Walmart parking lots. I always go in and ask, and have always been given the go ahead. We always make sure to buy something we will use.

The only lot I wouldn't stay in is the Walmart in Whitehorse, YT. It is a major zoo, huge land yachts parked every which way. The lot is packed by early afternoon.

We have never had any trouble at a Walmart. Usually soon after closing time, it gets very quiet. I did have to move one night in Prince Albert, SK. The young fellow was very apologetic when he came to the door. They were going to sweep the lot, and he said to just move to the other side of the lane and all was good.
2015 F150 ECO SC & 2017 Cougar 21RBS
kjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:23 PM   #14
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
There is a Yahoo discussion group called WalMart RVing. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/walmartrving/info

There are about 10,000 ,members and quite an extensive listing of which WalMarts allow overnight stays, facilities nearby and any precautions such as vandalism, theft, errant birds, wayward sprinkler systems, etc. It's updated regularly and is an "open, free group"....
Just looked that up and joined that group. There's a lot of info in the lists there!
Thanks for passing it on.

FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote