Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
old racer

325 SRX Added sleeping space

Would like to add a futon or ????? in the garage area to accomodate more sleeping area when our Children and their Spouses are able to come along. Have also thought about an inflatable air mattress. Wanting something comfortable for them and looks good too. (Actually, I'll probobly be the one sleeping there!!!) Interested in any of your ideas. Thanks in advance.
old racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:52 AM   #2
matandjen

I personally hate futons. I do not sleep well on them and most of the time I can feel the frame underneath since the matresses are so thin.

I would just go grab a nice queen size Air Matress for weekend guests. They are not that expensive and are pretty comfortable. They are also nice for RVs since they store in a small amount of space
matandjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
LittleJoe

We have a queen size inflatable mattress that is about 2 feet or more off floor when inflated and has a built in 120V inflator/deflator that fits the bill quite nicely and was not too expensive. Very convenient for occasional times when a little extra comfortable sleeping quarters are needed.
2014 FJR
2014 Jetta TDI
LittleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #4
Maxzd

I bought two Camping Cots that fit on each side of the garage. Had two pieces of foam cut to same size and had a cover sewn as a slipcover. Up off the ground, then those who stay with us put there stuff underneath. Walkway down the middle, and room for a small table or stand. I use out Rubbermaid 3 step ladder. Lightweight, and easy store even if I have my garage full with toys..

On one Recent trip I set just the one up. It was nice to have created a man cave watched Tv on a rainy day. I did also buy a queen air mattress but the reviews on the cots by guests and me are pretty good.. Maybe if I find a base to raise the mattress off the ground if we had guests for more than a weekend..

2003 Dodge Ram 3500
5.9L Cummins Diesel
2011 Cougar 325 SRX
Maxzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
dave-g

I picked up a futon at walmart for $100. We use it when family camping and my oldest son sleeps on it. It also makes the garage a great tv room on those rainy days.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
old racer

Thanks for the replys everyone!!
old racer is offline   Reply With Quote