Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
DownAzzDSM

New Here

I'm going to pick up my new hauler today (2012 Raptor 4014LEV w/Velocity package). Any pointers from the other 4014 owners? What to look for during the walk though? Also I was wondering if the 2012 models come with the camp chairs? I did get the rear patio option as well. I can't seem to find where it says the chairs are included on Keystones website.

Steve
DownAzzDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

You can download and make a hard copy of a pre-delivery inspection checklist which you can find on our forum. Go here: http://www.eaa1358.com/Passport/
This will get you to Flyguy's website and he has provided a pdi for our members to use if they wish. Scroll down til you get to PreDelivery Inspection.
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your new purchase. Hope your walk-through goes well. Make sure that everything works and everything is repaired or replaced that needs to be done before you drive off the lot with it. Also, get them to show you where the shut-offs, pumps, and any other item that is often hidden away somewhere can be found ----- TV and satellite connections for example.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
DownAzzDSM

Thanks for the info. I'll be bringing that check list with me!
Old 12-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
hwhtech

Usually all Raptor FW's come with the two chairs you speak of but hear lately they have all been coming with a game that is two panels that you throw bean bags threw holes dont remember the name of the game though. Also during your walk write down anything you dont like (ie scratches in the wood, knicks, tears) and let your salesman know.
hwhtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #5
2011 keystone

The name of the game you speek of is CORN HOLE weird name but a great way to have fun and pass the time.
New TT 2014 j@%$O 32BHDS
2011 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:02 PM   #6
DownAzzDSM

The walk through actually went good and it did come with the chairs... I'll post a pic tomorrow.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #7
DownAzzDSM

Here it is!

Old 12-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #8
jje1960

Raptor

OMG, what a unit. We started out with a 21' expandable in 2004, then traded for a 27QBSS in 2006, then traded for the humble SRX in 2010. Unfortunately, living in a subdivision and after already widening the driveway, we are at the max size unit. It's like threading a needle getting the thing in the driveway. When I started taking about "moving" to accommodate a "larger" unit, DW put the big kaabash on the thought quick, seem to remember "enough is enough" or something close.... Nice unit you have there, absolutely awesome with the huge slides and double awnings. Enjoy your stuff and be kind to the ol' guy that seems to lurk outside with his mouth hang'in open at your RV... it's probably going to be me....
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #9
hankpage
Site Team

X2 ...... That's bigger than my stick house ... Do you take in boarders ? ... Lots of luck, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #10
Outbackmel

Room at the Inn?

Have 2 huge touring bikes that could possibly hitchhike in your garage. That thing is SOOOOO HUGE you won't even feel them Dammit, now I am really, really JEALOUS.... Darn little squatty 36ft non hauler we have. UGH!

I'll be sending our itinerary via PM. PLEASE DO NOT PARK THAT "THANG" ANYWHERE NEAR ME, EVER.

Enjoy and be safe out there.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #11
Ironryders

Congratulations on your new TH. We got our 365LEV in Nov and it got too cold to take it out. We are planning a trip south during the ice and snow here in Feb. Now we can take our Harleys and ride on The Keys. I've not seen many Raptors on this site as I have been checking it out for some time now. I had a few minor problems after delivery, nothing I couldn't fix. Good luck and Happy Camping.
Ironryders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #12
DownAzzDSM

LOL some of your replys crack me up.... Thanks for all the kind words and advise. I'll take some pics of the interior tomorrow.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #13
mrxlh

Best advise I can give you is to full blown camp in it asap. Nothing far, per say, but a really good shake down run. Since its late in the season, everything you find wrong you will be able to get corrected without a hard time frame. Which usually means that the service techs do a better job. I love my 4014, but it had the standard run of the mill issues, all were corrected under warranty, no questions asked, but not during peak season, and not during a 1 week hard deadline. If you have any issues that you feel are not being handled correctly, EMAIL KEYSTONE through their website. Trust me, you will be contacted, and you will be taken care of. My issue was camp chairs that were owed to me, after several phone calls, and the like, finally I sent an email to keystone through their website, less than a week later I had my chairs.

2008 Ford F350 CC LWB Dually
2011 Raptor 4014LEV
2006 H-D FLHX
2010 Honda Rancher 420ES
mrxlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #14
DownAzzDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Best advise I can give you is to full blown camp in it asap. Nothing far, per say, but a really good shake down run. Since its late in the season, everything you find wrong you will be able to get corrected without a hard time frame. Which usually means that the service techs do a better job. I love my 4014, but it had the standard run of the mill issues, all were corrected under warranty, no questions asked, but not during peak season, and not during a 1 week hard deadline. If you have any issues that you feel are not being handled correctly, EMAIL KEYSTONE through their website. Trust me, you will be contacted, and you will be taken care of. My issue was camp chairs that were owed to me, after several phone calls, and the like, finally I sent an email to keystone through their website, less than a week later I had my chairs.
Good Info. We are actually going on a 5 day trip on the 28th (Dry Camping) so everything should be used quite a bit. So far just going through everything I've only had to adjust a few handles here and there.

Question for you 4014 owners.... Do you guys put the rocker (big chair) in the living room area when you camp? Or do you just leave it in the garage area?
Old 12-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #15
SAABDOCTOR

WOW WELL SHUT MY MOUTH AND CALL ME SHERLY. MAN THAT WILL BLOCK THE SUN!!! ENJOY IT TO THE MAX HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:59 PM   #16
saltflatracer

We tried putting ours in the living room, but it was just too crowded. So leave it in the "man cave" to watch TV. We got our 4014 in Oct & have had it out once for it's shakedown. No big issues. Put a round felt "bumper" in the middle of the bathroom door handle so it wouldn't keep hitting the entry door trim. Added a shelf in the cabinet over the stove & in the pantry. Seemed like there was way too much wasted space there. Also added a rolling slide in the basement to support my tool box...can't be too far away without tools! We didn't get the patio option, so no outdoor chairs. Love the trailer and the service from the dealer. We live in Western Oregon, so our camping is not too limited, but we'll take it out again in Feb. to the coast. Be sure & stop if you see "The Beast" at a RV park!
Old 12-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #17
mrxlh

We leave ours in the garage as well. Our '11 has a different lower bunk configuration than yours. ('11's came with full wrap around backs with cup holders in them) They are a pain to store and raise the bunk higher, but except for a rzr or golf cart it's not an issue for a regular 4wheeler. It is so nice, we use it as the dining room and very rarely eat in the living room.

Double check the gen and fuel station tanks, mine were labled backwards, the grey and black were not marked either, so that was trial and error as well. Pass through door to the garage would not stay shut. Fuel pump went out on the genset. Remote to the DVD/entertainment head was missing. Camp chairs were missing. Black flush water connection leaking.

Really think the fuel pump was damaged during PDI as the tech had said I got 5 free gallons of gas, due to he had ben priming and priming and could not get the genset to fire up. Then he added fuel to the other tank and got it to prime finally. So that may have never been an issue had the tanks been labled properly. All in all it is a solid unit, not leak 1 anywhere in the RV, which is far more important to me than the rest of all the trivial mentioned above.

2008 Ford F350 CC LWB Dually
2011 Raptor 4014LEV
2006 H-D FLHX
2010 Honda Rancher 420ES
mrxlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #18
sptrucksbyed

Quote:
We leave ours in the garage as well. Our '11 has a different lower bunk configuration than yours. ('11's came with full wrap around backs with cup holders in them) They are a pain to store and raise the bunk higher, but except for a rzr or golf cart it's not an issue for a regular 4wheeler. It is so nice, we use it as the dining room and very rarely eat in the living room.

Double check the gen and fuel station tanks, mine were labled backwards, the grey and black were not marked either, so that was trial and error as well. Pass through door to the garage would not stay shut. Fuel pump went out on the genset. Remote to the DVD/entertainment head was missing. Camp chairs were missing. Black flush water connection leaking.

Really think the fuel pump was damaged during PDI as the tech had said I got 5 free gallons of gas, due to he had ben priming and priming and could not get the genset to fire up. Then he added fuel to the other tank and got it to prime finally. So that may have never been an issue had the tanks been labled properly. All in all it is a solid unit, not leak 1 anywhere in the RV, which is far more important to me than the rest of all the trivial mentioned above.

We had many of the same problems with or and they were fixed no questions asked "EXCEPT" the rear door opening and i'm still not happy about that. The fact that the door opens isn't that big of a deal but i'm worried about what is happening to the rest of the trailer since the trailer is flexing so bad to pop the door open !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sptrucksbyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #19
DownAzzDSM

Quote:

I think I remember reading a prior post about that so yes I did look under the trailer to check where the hoses were running. Although duing the PDI we did notice the front leveling jacks button was opposite which pissed me off cause the sales guy kept pushing it when I told him it looked wrong and was lifting my truck!

Saltflatracer - We had the same problem with the bathroom door hitting the front door trim. I've noticed there is a huge space on the bottom of the bathroom door. Have you guys added anything to the bottom of the door so nobody can look through there? Also I don't want to be smelling anything when I'm sleeping in the bedroom! Ha

Here are some more pics

Old 12-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #20
DownAzzDSM