Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2014, 11:07 AM   #1
Ted Lehmann

Low Point for Sprinter 266RBS

We're preparing to winterize our trailer and can't find the low point drain. Can someone please tell me where it is? Thanks.
Ted Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:10 PM   #2
GaryWT

If you crawl under you should see a single tube which is the water tank and a double tube blue and red which are the low points. If you don't see them, look around the axles as the could be tucked away some.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:39 AM   #3
racin07jason

Your low points should be back by the sewer hook ups. Very rear of the camper tucked up in. That's where they are on my 2011 266RBS.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #4
Jay Pat

I have a 2011 Sprinter 310.
The low point drains are outside the frame and close to the hot water heater.
Just have to look around.
Pat
Jay Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:43 PM   #5
Jim & DJ

Low Point drains

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you about got the answer.

Be safe;
Jim & DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:16 AM   #6
henryspencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWT View Post
If you crawl under you should see a single tube which is the water tank and a double tube blue and red which are the low points. If you don't see them, look around the axles as the could be tucked away some.
I have a 2007 Sprinter 312 SLS and cannot find the low water drains. I've owned the trailer for two years and have winterized twice successfully without worrying about the low point drains, but I'd like to be sure. Any advice?
henryspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:50 AM   #7
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryspencer View Post
I have a 2007 Sprinter 312 SLS and cannot find the low water drains. I've owned the trailer for two years and have winterized twice successfully without worrying about the low point drains, but I'd like to be sure. Any advice?
They should be pipes pointing straight down with caps on the ends. Yours will probably not be red and blue, but all three will mostly likely be natural color pex with white plastic end caps.

One should be pretty much directly under the fresh water tank. The other two are likely on the street side of the trailer, probably near the middle. Mhot and cold low point drains are directly below the water heater and look like this:
Click image for larger version

Name:	SM IMG_0535.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	14118

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:20 AM   #8
henryspencer

Steve, thanks very much. The one under the fresh water tank has not had a cap on it for several years because the trailer is on a permanent site and we don't use the fresh water tank, so no problem there.

Per your description, I found the two on the street side, right where you show them, but up higher where you can't see them unless you crawl under there (my bad neck doesn't like this, but I did it!). :-)

Are there drains under the hot water heater? I do not see any, but I do drain the water heater every year.

Henry Spencer
Old 09-14-2017, 10:35 AM   #9
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryspencer View Post
Steve, thanks very much. The one under the fresh water tank has not had a cap on it for several years because the trailer is on a permanent site and we don't use the fresh water tank, so no problem there.

Per your description, I found the two on the street side, right where you show them, but up higher where you can't see them unless you crawl under there (my bad neck doesn't like this, but I did it!). :-)

Are there drains under the hot water heater? I do not see any, but I do drain the water heater every year.
Henry,

I suggest you cap the fresh water drain. It's an avenue for bugs, etc. to get up into the tank.

Keystone doesn't make it easy to find these things. My Cougar sits up pretty high so the drains are easy to find and reach.

The hot water heater drains on the outside of the trailer at the bottom of the heater. It's a plug that you remove the cover panel, and unscrew the plug with a socket wrench. It probably will have an anode on it. I usually just remove the plug after I bypass the water heater and leave it laying there in the bottom of the access area. In the spring when I prep for the season, the plug is right where I need it to be.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:02 PM   #10
henryspencer

Steve, I thought you meant there were additional drains under the hot water heater. Yes, I drain the tank every year.. put a new anode rod in this year.

But now I know where my low water drains are. I never would have found them without your telling me! Thanks again. Henry