Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
dbailey1111

New member and owner

Just saying hi to everyone. I just purchased my 2013 passport elite 23 rb. Went camping last weekend local for a shake down run and had some issues that it is back in the shop for. I hope this is not a sign of things to come. The TV changes stations or volume when trying to scroll in menu mode, the outside speaker had an extra chrome center that vibrated off inside the grill, water heater won't heat on electric and when in electric mode and the igniter keeps clicking, staples sticking up in slide out carpet. All this after when I went to pick it up and it had the left front marker light out and they had to run a wire through the storage compartment to the junction box on the tounge because they couldn't fish a wire down from the upper marker light due to the foam insulation. I really like the unit overall but didn't expect these problems with a brand new camper that everyone said was a quality one. Also some things bug me like only two speakers in the camper its self.It has a inside and c outside but no b speakers. Stereo is hard to use in its side of the cabinet facing forward location. You have to squeeze around the bed to control it. The tv mount needs to tilt for in bed watching it only stays flat and that causes a washed out (ghosted) image when watching from laying down. For it to be the elite model they really cheaped out on the bathroom. You would think elite would have gotten me a stainless sink and faucet, corian counter like the kitchen. Maybe a porcelain toilet like they have in there lower models. I guess they had to cut corners somewhere. But on a brighter note it was much better setting up and packing up than the hybrid I traded in.
dbailey1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

to the Keystone forum and to the Keystone family. We are a group of Keystone owners who enjoy our RV's and try to help other owners who may be trying to get information on anything from Appliances to Zoning regulations.

There is a host of information available on the forum that may help you with some of your issues. If you use the search feature (located in the blue bar at the top of every forum page) you should be able to find answers to most of your questions. If you can't locate what you're looking for, then start a new thread and ask away.

As for your new trailer, some of the issues you have, such as the TV, the chrome ring on the speaker, and the clearance light should have been caught by the dealer before you even were "introduced" to your new RV. Others such as the kind of sink, the location of the radio, the type of countertop are things that haven't changed from the time you first looked at it before purchase. Those things can't be blamed on the manufacturer (unless they changed after you committed to buy).

Most of us are very well satisfied with our RV and hope that you join us as a happy Keystone owner.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
dbailey1111

Smile

Well got my trailer back today with all items repaired. I'm happy with the customer service from my selling dealer. I also did my first mods today, swapped out the TV mounting arm for the one from my last camper so I can now tilt my TV to watch from lying in bed. I hooked the TV up to the entertainment system to save it's speakers and be able to hear it over the a/c. While I was at it I routed the wires in split loom through the compartment the stereo is in and out the cabinet face behind the TV. No more wires jumbled up coming out the big opening. Should have been done this way from the factory. I still want to install towel bars and such and will probably put in a few shelves and organizing helpers. I hope this unit treats me well so I can remain a "Happy Camper"!!!
dbailey1111 is offline   Reply With Quote