Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2013, 03:40 AM   #1
FragmagnetEOD

Hello from VA

Hey everyone! Long time lurker(I use the search button a lot) here from Fort Lee, VA, figured it was time I spoke up. We bought our Mountaineer 344RET new when I was stationed in Anchorage Alaska. Used it primarily for fishing during the salmon run down on the kenai and couldn't be more happier with the FW. Moved to Fort Lee in 2011, didn't drive the ALCAN since it was February but decided to have it shipped to WA instead.

Overall the trip went off with out a hitch. We went from WA to AL, AL to AZ, AZ to VA. The only problems we encountered were the somewhat common landing gear fuze issue and the fact that someone shot a staple through a water line while taking care of some warranty work. Both got fixed and we were on our way.

Well, fast forward 27 months later and I got orders back to AK. Really excited to say the least. We are taking the long trip through Canada with some stops at a couple brewery's and Mount Rushmore.

Fifth Wheel is in great shape considering the lack of use. Still having problems with the landing gear but I think we will get it all sorted out. If not, I know where to ask.

I would like to thank all of you for the vast amounts of information that you have made available. This forum has answered so many questions and educated me greatly. I look forward to learning more.

Sorry for the long rant

Wes
FragmagnetEOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:05 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

to the forum, Wes. Compliments are never a "long rant" and almost all of us share your feelings about this forum and the members. There is a great bunch of people here, most are ready to join in, answer problems, offer personal experiences and help a new member feel welcome.

I see you're active duty and about to head back across the nation. Thank you for your service. We appreciate what you do more than we can tell you in this forum.

Make yourself at home, look around, see what interests you and join in the discussions that interest you. As for your landing gear fuse issue, check the fuse in the pink wire in the landing gear harness. It should be 30 Amps (possibly 40). Go to any auto parts store, buy an automatic reset circuit breaker and install it in place of the fuse. It costs about $5 or $6. I'm guessing that will stop your LG problems.

Again, welcome to the forum.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
FragmagnetEOD

Had the fuze replaced around Idaho somewhere. The latest and greatest thing to have happened was that a piece of the gear box snapped off while attempting to raise it. I'm in the process of trying to locate a how-to video to see if it's something I want to tackle.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
FragmagnetEOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
davidjsimons

Hello from the North side of the James!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:28 AM   #5
crash

from the other side of fort lee.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:30 AM   #6
Javi

Howdy from Texas...
Old 05-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
RGRTim

from NOVA
Old 05-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #8
DK Henry

Welcome and thanks for you service. Be sure and post pics. and let us know about your journey. My DW and I are going to make the trip to AK one of these day. We are very interested to hear about your trip.
DK Henry is offline   Reply With Quote