Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2017, 06:02 PM   #11
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66joej View Post
Don't know if I have just been lucky but have only used generic baby powder on slides on 3 RVs so far with no issues. Cheap and easy to apply. Just sprinkle on a rag and wipe on dry seals both bubble and wipers. Also use it on entry and storage door weatherstrips. JMO
I'm going your route. I watched a YouTube video on RV slide seal maintenance and the fulltimer (RVGeeks) swore by the results of baby powder to condition each seal. Now, I just need to carefully remove the 303 protectant.

Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:07 PM   #12
sourdough

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown View Post
Not investing in a case, for sure. I'll just keep my eye out on a single can from an eBay vendor.

Come on! It's just money and then you would have a lot of lubricant. Gave some to my son in law and he said it was head and shoulders above WD 40. Case price came to about $12xx a can. One member sent me a link where you could buy one can and I think it was about $20 per can. For me, with the problems I was having, and the dealer quoting a minimum of $1200 per slide to pull them and try to repair them, I bought the case of Zep singing and dancing.....AFTER it fixed the problem.

sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:15 AM   #13
mfifield01

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown View Post
I'm going your route. I watched a YouTube video on RV slide seal maintenance and the fulltimer (RVGeeks) swore by the results of baby powder to condition each seal. Now, I just need to carefully remove the 303 protectant.
I tried slide specific conditioner with bad results (jerkiness). I've gone to baby powder now and haven't seen any issues.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:47 AM   #14
busterbrown

At the campground now. I was able to wash and clean the seals to each slide. Applied a generous amount of baby powder to them after letting them dry. Ran them in and out but was still experiencing the shuddering and noise.

It wasn't until I applied powder to the top edge of the very rigid "seal plate" which makes contact with the bottom of the slide that I saw positive results. A few more extend and retract cycles and the slides are now moving smoother than ever.

Baby powder is abundant in our house as we still have 1 in diapers. So cost to me, $0. Won't be using any other seal conditioner as I've read bad things too.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:14 AM   #15
kfxgreenie

Baby powder and wax on the slide sides only here as well. Only problem is it so slick sometime the seals don't flip.

kfxgreenie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide