Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2019, 04:17 PM   #1
summit

Momentum 399th vs. Seismic 4212 vs Fuzion 424

Momentum 399th vs. Seismic 4212 vs Fuzion 424:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on quality when comparing these units?
In the market to purchase one in the next few months.

New to the forum and would have started a new thread but the site wouldn’t let me.
Maybe one of the moderators can help.

Thank you in advance.
summit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:40 PM   #2
busterbrown

Only thing I can say is pick the floor plan that suits your needs best. Youll have to live with that decision for your entire ownership of the coach.

Quality is a wash among brands, even though you'll hear opinions on both ends. Keystone and Jayco have a broader market than GD as it produces more unique brands and floorplans at a wider range of price points. Both Keystone and Jayco are subsidiaries of Thor Industries. Both brands have a long history of producing RVs.

Grand Design is the newer brand on the block owned by Octavius Corporation, a now wholly owned subsidiary of Winnebago industries. Some consider them a premium brand.

As you can see, it becomes a blur nowadays as the industry is bloated with mergers and acquisitions, and factories are barely keeping up with demand.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:58 PM   #3
cookinwitdiesel

I see you like the side patio. Do you see that being more useful than the rear ramp patio? Or is it so you can use garage as more of a bedroom when emptied?
(OLD) 2018 Keystone Hideout 28RKS Travel Trailer
cookinwitdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 07:20 PM   #4
summit

Going to be living in it 50% of the time. Side patio makes it close to the kitchen when BBQing and making a fresh cocktail (without going up and down the stairs). Can still watch the game with the outside TV

And yes, leaves the garage open to use as second bedroom for guests when empty.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:17 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Have you put any thought into where you are going to be? Side or rear "patios" can really put limitations on the sites you can acquire/fit. Moreover, an outside tv, in a developed park, is pretty much verboten at later hours either by the park or "the neighbors".

I stay in a park for the winter and lots of folks come in with "patios", only one deployed it and tried to have a "party". 2 days later it was gone.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:22 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!!

We are a Grand Designs dealer, and I can say they are a well built unit, very solid and few problems. You will pay a premium price for it but it’s well worth it IMO.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 04:28 AM   #7
curtthegreat

I can't give an accurate opinion of the 3 units you are looking at, as we only have experience with the Fuzion 420. However I will tell you that we are not one bit sorry for purchasing a side patio unit. We purchased it in the fall of 2016, and have yet to camp in a park where we could not deploy the side patio. If, and when that day comes, we will not stay at that park. It's not camping if you have less than 10 feet beside you, that's slumming. We have had times where we could not deploy the back patio because of the length of the 5th wheel, but that's understandable.
curtthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:44 AM   #8
summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Have you put any thought into where you are going to be? Side or rear "patios" can really put limitations on the sites you can acquire/fit. Moreover, an outside tv, in a developed park, is pretty much verboten at later hours either by the park or "the neighbors".

I stay in a park for the winter and lots of folks come in with "patios", only one deployed it and tried to have a "party". 2 days later it was gone.
Southern CA most of the time. The rig will be parked on a 5 acre parcel I’m developing, so it will be a static / live in unit 50% of the time with an occasional camping trip at boondock areas with plenty of room. When I’m actually camping I don’t watch TV. The ballgame comment is only when the unit is on my property working on it using the rig as a 2nd home. I do appreciate the feedback though.