Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2018, 04:04 AM   #1
BobMcC

Newbie Storage Questions

Got some newbie questions. 2018 Carbon 357. We live near Atlanta, GA. We just built a full garage for RV storage while we're waiting for the next adventure. I'm getting ready for retirement and I expect that we will go on the road 3 or 4 times per year - 3 to 4 weeks per trip. So, I expect to store the unit for several weeks or a month or two at a time between trips. What do we need think about?

I had planned for it being plugged in to power while stored, so I wouldn't think I need to disconnect anything power wise. Slide outs in or out? If out, do they need any type of support to relieve stress? LCI Level-Up system, do I need supplement that system with jack stands or other frame supports to relieve pressure on the hydraulics? Grey & Black tanks are being dumped then flushed well during the last leg of our trips back home and upon arrival a few gallons of a light bleach mixture dumped in for storage. Probably will also drain the HWH. FYI, we haven't used the fresh water tanks yet and, at present, don't plan on boondocking. Looking for input on these or other items we haven't thought about??? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
BobMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:37 AM   #2
Canonman

Our between trip storage is slides in, LCI level but no other supports. Tanks are dumped but we add 10 -15 gallons in the fresh (no bleach after we do the de-winterizing) and a couple of gallons in the black with our soap/Calgon mixture. I remove the TPMS valve stem monitors to save the batteries. Also have found turning off the battery disconnect keeps the house batteries from being over charged by the converter. I have a monitor inside the Cougar that I can see when the batteries are 12.2v then I close the disconnect switch for a day or so to bring the batteries back to 12.4v. That's about all I can think of
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0387.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	16500  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 06:06 AM   #3
BobMcC

Thanks for the input. The TPMS batteries are a good point. And, I guess I thought the converter would "float" charge the battery, but I'll plan on turning off the battery switch and put a separate float charger directly on the battery. The fresh water idea is good too, I never thought about that - figured if we didn't use it that it would be OK, but I can't assume that.
BobMcC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, storage