Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Freeways & Byways
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2018, 08:48 PM   #1
BamaRam

Alabama to Colorado

Planning July trip to northern Colorado via St Louis and Kansas City. I think I want to go into CO to Grand Lake from Laramie in order to avoid Denver. Is anyone familiar with the roads from Laramie to Granby?

We are planning on 5 days to get there, driving 4-5 hours per day. If anyone is familiar with this route please fill me this in. I’ve never towed anything cross country. Or if you have suggestions for trip planning software/apps, I’m all ears.
BamaRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:04 AM   #2
Tooth Ferry

Bama to Col

Through Denver on I-70 was not a problem last Sept. If you decide to go north on I-25 that exits 70 just at of Denver, BE AWARE, there is a toll road a little further east with not much notice before you are at or on the exit and no price info that we saw. Received a bill a few weeks later for about $40.00. I will not do that again. Happy travels, Your neighbor down the road in Pell City.
Tooth Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:41 PM   #3
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Sounds like a fun trip. If you want suggestions on camping St. Louis to KC, let me know.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:27 PM   #4
BamaRam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
Sounds like a fun trip. If you want suggestions on camping St. Louis to KC, let me know.

Thank you. We are not planning on much exploring until we get to Cheyenne. Our stop between St Louis and KC is at Great Escape RV & Camp Resort in Higginsville. I read a few reviews and made a WAG. I tried to pick places that would put us at about 6 hours driving according to the mapping software. But if you have something better in that area let me know. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:04 PM   #5
tundrwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooth Ferry View Post
Through Denver on I-70 was not a problem last Sept. If you decide to go north on I-25 that exits 70 just at of Denver, BE AWARE, there is a toll road a little further east with not much notice before you are at or on the exit and no price info that we saw. Received a bill a few weeks later for about $40.00. I will not do that again. Happy travels, Your neighbor down the road in Pell City.
Yup - been there a few years. Its the toll road to get to the airport faster. E-470 is the label...
tundrwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 06:29 AM   #6
rick-eureka

Missouri has done an excellent job of restoring both Route 66 and the attractions along the route.
rick-eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:02 PM   #7
BamaRam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-eureka View Post
Missouri has done an excellent job of restoring both Route 66 and the attractions along the route.
Thanks for the info. We may try that on the way back home. We're in CO now.