Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2017, 08:29 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

We've never been asked for health documents for our dog (except crossing the borders into Mexico and Canada. We do always carry the documents, you never know when a dog might get attacked by another animal or bite someone (even the most docile ones can be upset in strange environments or when threatened) and you'll need to provide the information.

As for documentation in campgrounds, usually just driver's license, credit card information and occasionally vehicle registration. Seems strange to me they want vehicle license and the trailer is what's going to be parked on their property when you're out sightseeing, but hey, who are we to secondguess them LOL

Recently, I've seen campgrounds asking for more information, things like where do you buy RV supplies, where do you shop, what company has your insurance, etc. I'd suspect that it's their way of determining where to do their advertising and whether to offer discounts for some membership services like USAA or Good Sam or AAA or ????

Why advertise with AAA if you never see anyone who is a member ask for the discount? Same with CW/Good Sam and many others. For the campground, they have to be "inspected and approved" as well as pay a listing fee to be in the GS or AAA booklet listings as well as giving a discount to customers, so if it's not paying off with increased business, why pay the "up front fees" to the company for advertising? Asking customers for that kind of information may just be the campground owner's way of determining where to spend his advertising dollars.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:14 AM   #12
Tbos

FWIW, NDW Solomons Rec center in Solomons MD and Luray VA KOA asked for shot records of the dog.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:53 AM   #13
sourdough

The only thing we are generally asked for is CC (if they take them) and any kind of discount card. Most ask for a cell number. We take our pup's shot record with us in the event anything happens and it would be required. We also take her to a kennel for a week or so at times when we take off from the campground and go stay at a condo or something - they require the shot record. Not sure what a campground would need other than a CC to secure payment and a method to contact you.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:55 AM   #14
hankpage
Site Team

Except for the tag number of the truck (no proof of insurance or valid registration) , I have only had to show credit card or fist full of pictures of dead presidents. I have run across restrictions on size, age and convertion busses. Most just want to be sure they get paid.
'07 Cougar Mods
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:45 PM   #15
MattHelm21

Credit card for method of payment, Drivers license for ID, and while making reservations for a CG in NJ, I was asked to bring documentation of the dog's shots upon arrival(rabies and bordetella). I'm not sure if the fact this campground also hosted many seasonal campers made a difference in this regard. I've always known I needed this for border crossings.

Tags
campground