Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2015, 07:03 AM   #1
Javi

Well.. we finally met them

We're camped at Goose Island SP for the umpteenth time and up until now any neighbor we had while here has been great. We're not big socializers but we will visit or at least speak to the folks on either side of us.

When we pulled up we found their pickup parked in our pad, I got out and walked the site because the road is tight and our appointed site has the dumpster directly across from it. It's doable but tight with nearly 60 foot of truck and trailer..

Both of the neighbors were sitting under the covered table area of their site and when I said howdy just looked up and without so much as a howdy, then went on about their business..

I stood there a moment and said folks can one of y'all move your pickup so we can setup camp.. NO response at all, just ignored me..

So, I asked again, and was told that there was plenty of room if I just pull it in instead of backing in.. My reply was we have slides and the wife likes to look out the picture window at the water.

They grudgingly moved their truck but kept making comments while I setup.. We tried a couple of times to be civil to no avail, and passed the evening in silence.

The next morning we took the truck into town for some shopping and when we returned they had another couple join them and they set up their tent with it actually touching our slide on the door side so we can't even walk by to get to the water.

They are within their area as delineated by marking and we are on our side of the line.. I made sure because these triple slides do take up room. But they have two small tents and have plenty of room in their area without crowding us. There is room for two tents on the other side. DW said I should fuss about it to the camp staff but I told her that they ARE in their site so we have no gripe coming.. We'll just have to make the best of it and go on...

Like I said we love coming here and this is the first time we've had problems with the neighbors...

Any of y'all run into these folks in your travels..
Old 06-12-2015, 07:38 AM   #2
GaryWT

Luckily these lovely people are in the minority. We have had a few through the years but for the most part our neighbors have been fine. Hope you can enjoy it anyway.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:39 AM   #3
bsmith0404

Can't say that I've ever come across anyone that inconsiderate. I'd probably end up dumping a lot of water on the ground near the tents to test their waterproofing.....just being considerate and helpful of course, I'd hate for them to discover they have a floor leak in the middle of a rainstorm.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:57 AM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post

Any of y'all run into these folks in your travels..
Yes. They were camped right beside us 2 weeks ago. Guess they didn't mention my name.......
Old 06-12-2015, 09:34 AM   #5
byrdr1

been there done that at the State park camp ground. Labor day weekend a couple years back. we had been there for most of the week just chillin'. a group came in behind us on a smaller campsite that fist a tent well. they were partying and partying all night long. we turned the AC up and it kept it quiet in our camper.
got up the next morning the site was covered in beer cans and bottles.
A ranger came through and I was standing there looking at the site when He saw me he slowed down and I just pointed a finger towards the ground. He stopped and got on the radio, it wasn't several minute another showed up.
Hey who ever is in this tent needs to come out now.. DRESSED.
I was back behind my camper at this time . they had to clean the site up and he made them dump their cooler with what was left and they were gone with in one hour. It was what it was. I am all for good time but not at other's expense. and in NC state parks no Alcohol allowed.
fair warning on everything you see, read or sign..
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:37 AM   #6
Steve S

We once parked beside a bunch of goofs smoking pot, we can't stand the smell of that crap! I asked them if they could smoke that stuff elsewhere but they told me to F%@K off
Darla went to the park manager, I never asked what she said but the manager asked them to leave as there was no drugs allowed in the park. He told them if they didn't they law would drop by. I guess that was enough and they left
That was yrs ago and we've never had a problem since
Old 06-12-2015, 05:57 PM   #7
Javi

Well, when we got back from the beach I gave the pups a bath outside... funny thing about water... it runs down hill
Old 06-12-2015, 06:12 PM   #8
bsmith0404

Quote:
Well, when we got back from the beach I gave the pups a bath outside... funny thing about water... it runs down hill
Good man, it's always good to see someone who takes good care of their animals.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:16 PM   #9
Quad

Quote:

Funny how things work out sometimes lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2015, 11:02 PM   #10
Ken / Claudia

I was thinking you could tilt the trailer and get the A/C water from the roof to drip on those tents all night. Or have the dump hose fail and let loose some black water over by the tent. But, the dog wash, that's a good one.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 02:00 AM   #11
byrdr1

Quote:
Dogs need baths too. Keeps them clean and the camper too.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:11 AM   #12
rbev2308

camping in the outer banks last year, couple next to us had swiped our picnic table. Asked for it back since all their stuff was on it and they said they were told no one was camping on that site so I showed them the receipt. They pointed across the way to some empty tables. After midnight, I went back out and noticed they left all the stuff on the one for my site and theres was empty so we snaked it around and moved. The next morning they came out and looked and developed a plan. I took my 242 lb Mastiff out and tied him off to the picnic table. Four of them came around front and then seen the dog and then retreated. They took the next night so I walked my dog right on the edge of the border line and allowed him to piss. Mastiffs can piss a gallon and its pungent!!! and you do not have to clean it up. I should not resort to this stuff but every so often you run into some knucklehead...
US Navy Retired Master Chief Petty Officer
Gryphon the 240lb American Mastiff
rbev2308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:55 AM   #13
sourdough
Site Team

Good job Javi! I think I would wash my pups 2-3 times a day and leave the hose running the entire time until the tent area sat in a lake......just thinking
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:29 AM   #14
LuvsPalmTrees

Nothing is worse than "weekend warriors" we call them. We had someone actually cut through our site and walked under our awning. My dog was tied out and fate would have it that they tripped on the dog tie out. They never cut through our site again. Very few people are that rude camping but you run into some that make you shake your head.
LuvsPalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:20 PM   #15
14george

I respect the privacy of others I don't cut through occupied sites
Old 06-15-2015, 05:40 PM   #16
notanlines

The people in our winter retreat/RV park don't even walk through a vacant slot next to an occupied RV. And everybody , and I mean everybody, says "hi" when they walk by. Maybe it is because of their age . . . .
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:57 AM   #17
LuvsPalmTrees

One of the reasons I love to go camping is so that you get to meet people. We always say "Hi", "Good Morning", "Nice evening" and so on. We taught our children early on to never cut through a campsite. They now camp on their own and have taught their spouses camping etiquette.
LuvsPalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:14 AM   #18
Rancehood

Funny thing, we had the same thing happen. We had a group of boy scout campers walk through our site at 7 AM in the morning. Our site was the last site on the loop and there was a shortcut to the fresh water spring in the park. It wasn't that they were walking near my site, they walked so close they were walking under the awning of my hi-low. At one point I heard them whisper "be quite there is someone in there". It was so bad that after the third group of kids walked through I went to the ranger.

It was bad enough during the day but it be came a little unsettling when they started coming out of the woods in the evening.

The ranger stated that he would talk to the campers but several other groups from individual camp sites still made their way through our site. Several times I redirected groups as they started down the path into our site to walk around.

F-150 FX-2 5.0L V8
1992 Hi-Low
2012 Premier Bullet Ultra Light
Rancehood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:48 PM   #19
C130

I think I would have accidentally pulled the grey water tank valve the first night and if it didn't improve I'd try some black water discharge.

Speaking of black water I did embarrass myself on my trip last week when an almost brand new sewer hose came apart while dumping the black water tank right before departing. Just a "crappy" hose I guess as the hose just came loose from the plastic connector. Luckily it was pea gravel all around the area and I got it shut off really quick but it seemed like forever for the water to stop flowing. It was not a cheap hose either but man did I feel bad. I cleaned the area really good though before leaving. I had just bought some huge, really thick, rubber gloves from Northern Tool which came in very handy.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:46 AM   #20
wesaysoracing

I met them this weekend ,Friday afternoon i showed up at my spot I rented and a truck and boat trailer was parked in it asked around and found out who it belonged to unfortunately they were out boating and did not show up for 2 more hours, I asked them if they could move it and they said they would when they were ready to, the camp host and a park ranger convinced them that they needed to move right then, I got set up and they were walking thru my camp site throwing trash in it and just being jerks , taunting my dog , my girlfriends brother showed up Saturday morning (state trooper) in civilian clothes, after about 2 hours of their behavior he went and talked to them, come to find out the camper and truck was stolen as with the boat trailer ,boat and truck, they spent the rest of the weekend at the Graybar Hilton and I had a good weekend of peace and quiet
wesaysoracing is offline   Reply With Quote