Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2015, 10:36 AM   #1
Javi

Dagnabbit

I got up fairly early this morning to beat the heat and humidity while getting the 5'er ready for another round of retirement practice next week.

Finished a couple of cups of coffee and checked the forums for new stuff then got ready and drove over to the storage lot. Got in the gate and pulled up to the trailer. Got the remote in hand and put the slides out ready to get to work..

Unlocked the door and put the steps down, climbed up inside and turned on the MaxxAir overhead fan and the water pump. Then started looking around for stuff that needed to be done... Couldn't find a dadgum thing, not even make work. The floor was even clean, the bed made, the fridge clean and stocked with beer and cold drinks, even snacks in the cabinets.

So, I inventoried the closet and the chest of drawers and the bath supplies... Same result..

I sit down for a minute to contemplate this phenomenon... It just ain't right I tell ya' it can't be... nope, no how... it can't be..

Then I realize.... the trailer is just flat ready and I don't need to do nothing... Now what???? I got all weekend off and nothing to do on the trailer...

So.... closed everything back up and I got back in the truck and come home..

Sitting here thinking... I'll get up in the morning and go re-re-re-torque the wheel lugs and re-re-re-check the tire pressure...
Old 06-06-2015, 11:01 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Sometimes a person can get too prepped too soon.....or so it appears. If you've got a little electric air compressor you could pull the valve stem on one of the tires, replace the stem and see how long it takes for the little compressor to get it back to spec or smoke. This is good information to put in your travel log (be sure and have a compressor in the truck). Sometimes I turn on the inside lights and study them....some appear brighter than others usually. You can remove them and re-arrange them to get a more pleasing "glow"......or, you could change the blinker fluid.... By the time I've completed these tasks I usually find it's time to re-stock the fridge...
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:05 AM   #3
jsmith948

You could always lighten your 5er by consuinging some of the beer in the fridge?

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:29 AM   #4
Seabee

Javi, I hope that one day I will have your "problem" when preparing for a trip.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:55 PM   #5
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee View Post
It's really kind of disappointing not to have something needing fixing or something to change... I guess the DW is right... just enjoy
Old 06-06-2015, 06:08 PM   #6
CarKath

Quote:
It's really kind of disappointing not to have something needing fixing or something to change
You said you stocked the fridge? Nothing to do? Ha ha ha.

I have a few projects to do on my 5'er if your bored. Fridge stock included. Head on up.

Nice spot to be in .........ahead of the curve so to speak.. Gotta like that.

Carl
Dog : Tucker
Cats: Beaudie and Jangles
CarKath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:17 PM   #7
Seabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
It's really kind of disappointing not to have something needing fixing or something to change... I guess the DW is right... just enjoy
I hope you just didn't jinx yourself. Hopefully Murphy is taking the week off.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:19 PM   #8
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
I'm surprised that your DW hasn't yet found something "around the house" for you to do. Surely, after being married for as long as you probably have, she must have a "To Do" list for you somewhere. You can't be THAT organized and efficient!!
Old 06-06-2015, 06:32 PM   #9
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
I'm surprised that your DW hasn't yet found something "around the house" for you to do. Surely, after being married for as long as you probably have, she must have a "To Do" list for you somewhere. You can't be THAT organized and efficient!!
Since she retired last August the honey do's have tapered off a good bit.. and I'm not complaining..

'sides she's so into this camping thing she keeps the trailer clean as well as stocking the trailer fridge with beer and soda.. All she expects from me is a paycheck every week..
Old 06-07-2015, 09:37 AM   #10
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee View Post
I agree, start drinking some beer and keep your trailer weight down
Old 06-09-2015, 06:41 AM   #11
flybouy
Site Team

Thumbs up Don't think of it as "drinking the Beer"

Nice problem to have. I'd strongly suggest that you "rotate your stock" of beer in the fridge. You don't want to end up out in the middle of nowhere with stale brew! Drink the beer, if it makes you feel better you can keep a log of taste vs date. I would suggest that you do this with every visit to said abode on wheels (just don't overdo it and drive home, relax and take a long nap after the exhausting test). Also, I would suggest that this study is repeated with various brands and if you run into and endpoint then vary the tests with different temperature variations. This should keep you occupied for the season.
Your welcome. I hope my suggestions have been helpful.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:08 AM   #12
SAABDOCTOR

JAVI It sounds like you got this retirement practice pretty well down pat. God bless you. When the real think comes your all set! I am jelous I still have a few years left! i keep on practicing all the time
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:26 AM   #13
sptddog

Quote:
I got up fairly early this morning to beat the heat and humidity while getting the 5'er ready for another round of retirement practice next week.

Finished a couple of cups of coffee and checked the forums for new stuff then got ready and drove over to the storage lot. Got in the gate and pulled up to the trailer. Got the remote in hand and put the slides out ready to get to work..

Unlocked the door and put the steps down, climbed up inside and turned on the MaxxAir overhead fan and the water pump. Then started looking around for stuff that needed to be done... Couldn't find a dadgum thing, not even make work. The floor was even clean, the bed made, the fridge clean and stocked with beer and cold drinks, even snacks in the cabinets.

So, I inventoried the closet and the chest of drawers and the bath supplies... Same result..

I sit down for a minute to contemplate this phenomenon... It just ain't right I tell ya' it can't be... nope, no how... it can't be..

Then I realize.... the trailer is just flat ready and I don't need to do nothing... Now what???? I got all weekend off and nothing to do on the trailer...

So.... closed everything back up and I got back in the truck and come home..

Sitting here thinking... I'll get up in the morning and go re-re-re-torque the wheel lugs and re-re-re-check the tire pressure...
My camper could use the faucet replaced (I even have it already), a good washing, carpets cleaned.....???

There's beer in my fridge too.....
sptddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:46 AM   #14
Javi

As I sit here on lunch break eating my PB&J sandwich and reading the forum instead of working through lunch to get all my projects wrapped up before I take off tomorrow on another retirement practice run.

I can't help but think....

I'm getting pretty darn good at this retirement thingy.. now if I could just convince the DW to let me actually retire...
Old 06-15-2015, 08:42 AM   #15
LuvsPalmTrees

You know the saying "practice makes perfect" I think you might close to perfect. Congrats!

Couple more years and we are there. Since the children are grown and gone our prep has gotten a lot easier. We can really throw some clothes, food & beverages in the fridge and go. Love that.
LuvsPalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:33 AM   #16
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
As I sit here on lunch break eating my PB&J sandwich and reading the forum instead of working through lunch to get all my projects wrapped up before I take off tomorrow on another retirement practice run.

I can't help but think....

I'm getting pretty darn good at this retirement thingy.. now if I could just convince the DW to let me actually retire...
Once you retire for real you will wonder how you ever found the time to work. There you go, making me use that four letter "W" word again.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote