Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
tomsjule

Considering a Montana 3625RE

My wife and I currently own a 2011 Outback 298RE and love it but we are considering in a year or 2 upgrading to the Montana 3625RE. We would greatly appreciate any feed back pro or con on this unit. Any advantage upgrading to the Big Sky Package?
tomsjule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
Herap

tomsjule,
Montana's are a great upgrade, though I may be a little prejudiced. Two great advantages of the upgrade to Big Sky are the larger wheels and tires as well as the full body paint job. It's a lot easier keeping the paint job clean and new looking when compared to the standard for most trailers. But, before you jump on that, be advised there's a pretty good jump in price also. You must compare the advantages versus the extra cost. There are more advantages and those with Big Sky trailers will jump in here and advise you. For me, I would have done it if we could have gone the extra cost.

Good luck on your choice,
Ray
Old 08-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
tomsjule

My wife and I went to the Keystone factory and went on the Montana tour to see how they are built. I was impressed with the workmanship and the processes in building a new unit. Started the tour with the frame thru completion. Well worth the time. At the end of the tour we got to go thru several units they had just completed. My wife and I have decided that our next camper will be a Montana Fifthwheel. The only problem with the tour is that we went into this tour wanting a 3625RE and now we are also interested in the 3850FL.

I would say that if you are truely interested in a New Montana Fifthwheel, Go to the factory to see how they are built and they will answer all your questions. Very knowledgable about their product. Tour Guide was great.
tomsjule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:08 AM   #4
Bigsky3625

We have the 3625RE Big Sky and love it. It is a 2012. Getting ready this morning to head Banff and then on to West Glacier. We really like the rear entertainment center. Makes the trailer live larger.
One Wife

Bigsky3625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:13 AM   #5
macattack

3625re

We also have a 2012 3625RE (but not the Big Sky package), and we love it. Two of the features you will come to appreciate are the huge amount of storage space and the fireplace, which is usually just enough to take the chill off a crisp fall morning without using your propane to heat with the furnace.

For 2013 Keystone has taken that basic design and added about two feet to the length of the coach in order to include a powder room just forward of the kitchen (I don't recall the new model number). That does allow your overnight guests access to a separate bathroom at night without the risk of an unintended rendezvous in the main bath! But not enough of an improvement for us to "upgrade" after only one year.

Bob and Donna
Gettysburg, PA
2012 Montana 3625RE
2010 Ford F350 dually
One Cocker Spaniel, one Tennessee Walker
macattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #6
WaltBennett

While Montana's can be great, I've heard of a few that have not been so. I'd suggest doing a thorough inspection before signing on the bottom line - and anyone should do this with ANY investment of this size anyway. I did this when we bought ours, and while I should have looked closer perhaps, we've had no problems to speak of.

Be certain the dealer fills to at least 1/2 the fresh water tank and check all the plumbing out, including hooking up city water. Make certain all the slides, electrical, appliances, lights, etc. work. Check out what you have to do to tow it (furniture moving, etc.) and what's available while it's buttoned up. Look underneath and on the roof. RV Consumer Group membership may be something you'd be interested in to get more info on what to look for. They may be a bit over the top, but they do have a lot of good information.

Once you've signed, you own it. Yes, there's a warranty if it's new or if the dealer offers one on a used unit, but having to get something fixed after you've taken ownership can be painful.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
montanajoe

3625re

hello,
we just got our new 2014, 3625re Montana last week. could not try all the things like the water and a/c because it was 26 degrees when I picked it up. but the heat works great. we thought about the big sky package, but it was $10,000 more. you get the paint job (which is really nice), level up jacks, G rated tires, and remote control.
I got mine with the level up jacks . dealer wanted $1,600 for the G rated tires, think I can get them cheaper then that. good luck whatever you decide to buy. going to cover the baby until the spring.
montanajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #8
Jts140

Wife and I strongly thinking about getting the 3625 after the first of the year. Can anyone offer any experience they had towing this trailer with a Srw. We have a 2008 chevy 3500 duramax crewcab long bed that I would love to use. Max weight 15k for that year.

Also going to checkout the high country but wife loves the 3625...

Thanks. Any insight on towing experience would be great.
Jts140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #9
6x6

My wife and I have a 2014 3625RE and we LOVE ♥♥♥ it, can't find anything wrong with it ....yet
13300 GVW
2014 Montana 3625RE
6x6 is offline   Reply With Quote