Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2017, 12:49 PM   #1
KHBama

Leak/Drip from Red Hose

Hey Guys, 2nd trip in our Laredo. I noticed a drip/leak coming from what I guess is the low point drain? There is a blue and red hose near the holding tanks. We just got back from our trip and haven’t got up under neath it yet but should that be an easy fix? Try to tighten it up? Does that have anything to do with the winterize option where the water hookups are? I can’t tell if winteize is on/off? Awful labeling job on the conviencnce center, Black tank and grey tank are labeled wrong also
KHBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:04 PM   #2
Tinner12002

That should only be your low point drains for hot, red and cold, blue water lines. Winterization valve shouldn't have anything to do with those other than if you winterized with RV antifreeze there maybe some water pressure on both. You might just cycle the valve a couple times and it may stop, could be just a little dirt or something preventing the valve from closing or maybe the valve just isn't shut all the way.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:05 PM   #3
Pull Toy

Roger that... on the labels issue! It's like a treasure hunt finding the right combo of "stuff"!

The Red and Blue are your low point drains. If they're the typical arrangement, when the "T" or ( "L" handle) is at right angles to the standing part of the fitting when the valve is closed. You will also find another hose sticking down, probably white or grey, that is your fresh water tank drain. It may have a spigot, or just a screw cap. As far as the other valves, on our rig, the by-pass valves are up and down for summer, and horizontal for winter. I hope this helps.

You will need to determine if the leak is at the "spigot", or before it. Don't be afraid to experiment, but it would probably be a good idea to turn off the hot water, for your safety, as well as to keep the tank from accidently draining, and causing damage. It may be a simple clamp type fix.

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:20 PM   #4
KHBama

Thanks guys. I just located another another Tank Valve that was underneath the camper. Could that be anything for the low point drain? Sorry for my ignorance. I have the grey and black tank valve located in the convenience center, not real sure what this valve is for. It is set to “open”
KHBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:04 AM   #5
Canonman

If it is a "T" handle valve it's likely the drain for the galley grey water holding tank. Otherwise it could be the drain for the fresh water tank. Our fresh water tank drain has a cap on it similar to the low point drains.
Our galley drain valve is labeled on the side of the trailer but not on the valve handle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5527.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	437.2 KB
ID:	14905  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak