Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2019, 02:46 AM   #1
tech740

Andersen Jack Blocks

Has any one tried the Andersen Jack Blocks on a trailer that does not have the round pads on the bottom of the jacks. They say that these make the trailer move less than with the jacks extended. I have the rectangular pads on my landing gear and the scissor jacks in the back. I either need to get a new 6x6 and make new blocks for the jacks or get a couple of these. I was just wondering if they work if you don't fill the space on top. Thanks.

https://andersenhitches.com/Products...lock-2pak.aspx

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 03:03 AM   #2
xrated

I've watched quite a few videos on youtube featuring "Changing Lanes", which is a couple that are full timing and have a Grand Design 397TH with a GVWR of 20K lbs. One of the videos they have shows them using the Anderson Jack Blocks under all 6 of their leveling system legs. During the video, it states that they no longer uses them as ALL six of them had broken. Keep in mind though, they are probably running pretty close to GVWR of the 20K trailer as they are totally full time. Other than that example, that's all I got.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 08:32 AM   #3
travelin texans

Honestly I don't think the shape of your landing gear or stabilizers would matter. Storage for 4 or 6 of them could be a concern.
My biggest drawback would be the price, you could build several very nice blocks out of lumber that wouldn't break for $90. For the same price of 1 pair of these you get 3 sets (30 pieces) of Lynx Levelers which would take up less space than the Andersons & lighter than the wood.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:55 PM   #4
tech740

I emailed Andersen about this and they said that these will not work as designed with the scissor jacks or non-round landing gear. Thanks for the input, I guess I will be using lumber again.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:31 AM   #5
travelin texans

[QUOTE=tech740;327841]I emailed Andersen about this and they said that these will not work as designed with the scissor jacks or non-round landing gear. Thanks for the input, I guess I will be using lumber again.QUOTE]

That's odd! The link provided here shows more than one tongue jack sitting on them with no foot at all, but not recommended the use a square or rectangular foot???
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:44 PM   #6
shermris

I use treated 4 x 5 blocks. I a 6 foot piece that was quite light weight and these blocks have worked for me for several years. I did buy an adjustable front jack foot, and use a small 2 x 6 under that. I've considered installing a power jack for the tongue but don't really see the need.
shermris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 12:53 PM   #7
Happy Camper Bobby

I have!

I use the “red buckets” from RecPro. They’re much less expensive and come with a carry bag. On the rear of my 5th wheel I just center them under the scissor jacks. The fit well under the front landing gear. They make an incredible difference in the amount of movement felt in the trailer. We spend about 10 months a year in our rig.
Happy Camper Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 01:41 PM   #8
RJS3791RD

I myself use pressure treated 6x6 cut 16” long. I am too cheap to spend $300 on 3 sets of these for my 5’er. And I can use the blocks for other projects along the way
RJS3791RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 01:52 PM   #9
Happy Camper Bobby

I did too for years, but at 67 years old and having arthritis in my hands and wrists, these are much easier to handle. Besides, the RecPro blocks are only $140.00 for four of them and two carry bags. Safe travels!
Old 12-19-2023, 06:03 AM   #10
dutchmensport

Those blocks are all at a fixed height. What happens if you are parked on an incline and the blocks don't have enough clearance to fit under the jacks?

That is when good old fashioned lumber works the best.... especially if camped on grass, soft dirt, or sand.

I've been using lumber since my first pop-up some 30 (plus) years ago. I've been using the same blocks, although I have added more for a variety of different depths and to make them stackable when on an incline. With a 41 foot rig now, even a slight incline can make a foot or more difference in height between the front and the back clearance to the ground.

My lumber originally came from a 100 year old barn that was being torn down. I had to cut the beams to length with a chain saw because the wood was literally petrified and a normal saw would not cut them. I re-paint them ever couple years a different color, just to keep them look good. My primary ones have been sitting outside, on the ground, supporting a trailer of some sort or another for 30 years now. They are still rock-solid!

Here's a photo of my stock pile right after they got re-painted a couple years ago. You simply cannot get any more sturdy than treated lumber and it will support any weight!

Prior travel trailer. Those plastic blocks would never reach here!

When it comes to lumber (or carrying a jack heavy enough to jack up your camper), you don't get any stronger than this:

How do I transport it? Like this: (since this photo was taken, I have since painted my wood "jack" all black so it blends in better under the trailer and doesn't stand out so much)...

They also come in VERY handy for many other uses also: