Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
jje1960

Happy with 325srx

Just wondering how happy others are with their SRX, we are having a ball! We purchased ours in Fall of 2010 (2011 model), and have continued to be amazed at how this model has held it's value (we paid like $33.5K) and love being able to carry our golf cart and have the garage space while at destination! Getting ready to add an extra aircon unit in the bedroom, was a challenge at Myrtle this year keeping it cool, however other than that and the cabinets next to the bed popping staples, just can't find anything to really complain about! Highly recommend this small toyhauler for those that do not want to deal with triple axle 40' models, it's 'just enough'. Finally, anyone else going to Bristol ???? We will be there!
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
smiller

Yes to all of the above, including adding the 2nd A/C (has been a lifesaver) and replacing the closet staples with screws (has held up fine after that.) We're fulltiming in ours! So far so good and no problems, let's see how long it takes us to destroy it under fulltime use...
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
jje1960

Closet panels

I also replaced/augmented the staples with 4 black drywall screws each. I had the dealer 'fix' it last year, pop'd first trip. It's kind of humorous actually... I specifically requested they not just re-staple it, so they used some high quality adhesive... however used it like caulking after they re-stapled it...... It actually only took me about 30 mins, should have done it myself in the first place.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:16 AM   #4
dave-g

I'm VERY happy with my 325srx- mine gets dual use-

1st its a toy hauler for my son and I to race motorcycles out of. I thought I would only use it for far races, but use it for the close ones as camping at the races is free!!! We go to 10-12 races per year.

2nd its a family camper- I have 3 teenage kids- and we fit fine- We went to walmart and bought a futon and throw rug for the garage- $125 total. Now the kids have a place to hang out and my oldest sleeps out there.

Also when family camping I use an extra rolling island in the kitchen for more counter space.

My problems-
1. Busted water hose- May have been a high water pressure issue- I do not know for sure- I now use a pressure regulator.
2. Shower base leaking- This is some thing every one should check- The base of the shower has some flex- the ridge abs piping does not flex. After re-caulking- I added a fernco ( flexible connector) to the drain.

If it was stolen tomorrow- I would be at the dealer in 10 minutes to buy another. I can not believe the value of the trailer.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
smiller

As long as we're talking about tweaks here are two more I'd add to to any 325SRX...

1. Add a line of stick-on gutter above the cargo door and an additional strip of weatherseal to the top of the door. Horizontal seals are always a challenge and these two steps will ensure no leaks even in the heaviest downpour.

2. Add a screw or retaining strap to the bunk ladder. Without this it is possible (rare, but possible) for it to deploy due to rough roads. If this happens you won't know it until you hear a crunching sound when you deploy the slide, DAMHIK Two bucks of hardware will eliminate this possibility forever.

And I agree with Dave, if the unit disappeared tomorrow I'd buy another. Excellent value and if you want a toy hauler with a completely separate and finished garage and don't want a triple-axle behemoth it's one of the very few choices available.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
jje1960

Yup

Well, only thing we have not added is the gutter for the back door, man... we have been in some serious downpours, however no problem yet! Knocking on wood here..... Our changes have been with the screws/adhesive with the cabinets and the re-seal of the shower stall. And yea... if it got taken tomorrow.... would be bee-lining for the same for a replacement!
Old 08-07-2012, 02:43 AM   #7
dave-g

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1960 View Post
Well, only thing we have not added is the gutter for the back door, man... we have been in some serious downpours, however no problem yet! Knocking on wood here..... Our changes have been with the screws/adhesive with the cabinets and the re-seal of the shower stall. And yea... if it got taken tomorrow.... would be bee-lining for the same for a replacement!
Add the gutter to the rear door- I bought my with the $50 store credit when I bought the trailer. The service managers thought it was a great Idea- he see a lot of used toy haulers with rotted floors and door. Very cheap insurance.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
Old 02-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #8
cvgkid

New 325SRX owner

Moving up from a 20' Weekend Warrier bumper pull Toy Hauler to the 325SRX next weekend.

Question for those of you hauling larger bikes...I have a H-D Street Glide and I've been using a WheelDock chock http://www.wheeldock.com/ .

In the Weekend Warrier I drilled two holes through the plywood floor to insert the two 1/2" bolts that hold the chock in place.

Any issues doing the same in the 325SRX? The chock cost a chunk of change so I want to continue using it.

By the way, the things posted here about gutters, portable kitchen islands and cabinet staples have been very helpful. Thanks.
cvgkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Use caution drilling through the floor of your toy hauler. There are two 30 gallon fuel tanks under there "somewhere" so I'd urge you to locate them, as well as your holding tanks before you start drilling.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #10
smiller

There are no fuel tanks in the 325SRX, and the holding and water tanks are forward of the garage compartment.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #11
cvgkid

Drilling, Rolling Island, Screen for ramp door

The plan is to measure and check underneath 2 times and drill once...maybe measure/check 5-10 times just to be sure.

Dave-g. What size is that rolling island you purchased (LxWxH)? I went to Lowes and they have several I can special order...I guess I can wait to figure it out when I get the 325 home but just wondering what worked for you.

While I'm here, has anyone purchased a screen for the ramp door so you can leave it open and not let the bugs in while you're drinking a cold one while watching TV in the garage? I bought one for current Toy Hauler but the ramp is the width of the trailer. Since the door on this one is pretty narrow, that wouldn't work so well. Any leads appreciated.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #12
smiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvgkid View Post
While I'm here, has anyone purchased a screen for the ramp door so you can leave it open and not let the bugs in while you're drinking a cold one while watching TV in the garage? I bought one for current Toy Hauler but the ramp is the width of the trailer. Since the door on this one is pretty narrow, that wouldn't work so well. Any leads appreciated.
Get some flexible magnetic stripping and attach it to the sides of the inside ramp door frame (which is flat metal, so the strip can be attached easily.) Then attach a roll of screen above the door, just long enough to reach the floor (use some velcro ties to keep it rolled up when not in use.) When you want to use the screen just unroll it and use some more magnet strip to seal the sides.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #13
cvgkid

TV Mount for outside viewing

Has anyone added a TV mount for an LCD TV in the underbelly space where the 110 and cable oulet is located so you can swing out the TV for outside viewing? The LCD's are light so it's not that big a deal to store it inside and carry it out and set up on a table, but having a mount to swing it out would be cool.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #14
dave-g

check here-
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...=dave-g&page=3

pic of island and where I got it.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
Old 02-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #15
cvgkid

SRX has new home

Well, I picked up the 2011 SRX on Friday. Spent most of yesterday cleaning the inside. It was really dirty but looks much better now. It did pull very well on the way home (6hr trip). Gas mileage wasn't much worse than the little 20' Weekend Warrior I sold to help pay for the SRX.

I checked under the garage and it looks sealed so no bolts will be possible for the motorcycle wheel chock. It has the tracks for an E-Track system but the previous owner removed them so I will re-install them to tie down the bike.

We are now looking for the table for the kitchen. I assume those of you who bought the rolling table secure it in the garage when you're in transit? I didn't see anyplace to secure it in the kitchen area.

About the only thing that will need replacement is the outside shower. Previous owner says it leaks, but since there's anti-freeze in the lines, I'll wait till it gets a bit warmer to check it out.

That's about it for now. Enjoying the new toy!

Al
Old 02-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #16
JRTJH
Site Team

cvgkid,

If you do find that the outside shower is leaking, you can buy just the faucet or just the hose or shower head without having to buy (and remove/reseal) the actual shower container. If you don't have any problems with the box leaking around the RV wall, I'd leave that alone. No need to introduce "issues" with sealant gaps if there's not a problem now......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #17
cvgkid

Outside Shower

It looks really easy to fix/replace. Has two flexible hoses attached for hot/cold water and the whole thing is attached to the side wall like the faucets on a bathroom sink. Unscrew it from the back and the whole assemby should come out. I just have to figure out where it's leaking...heck it may just need a gasket.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:43 AM   #18
dave-g

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvgkid View Post

I checked under the garage and it looks sealed so no bolts will be possible for the motorcycle wheel chock. It has the tracks for an E-Track system but the previous owner removed them so I will re-install them to tie down the bike.

We are now looking for the table for the kitchen. I assume those of you who bought the rolling table secure it in the garage when you're in transit? I didn't see anyplace to secure it in the kitchen area.

That's about it for now. Enjoying the new toy!

Al
The factory tie downs use self taping screws in to the floor beams- which are metal. I took 3/4 in ply wood that I made a clamp system for to the factory tie downs. Then I mounted my wheel chocks to the ply wood. I did this so when I family camping- I remove the ply wood and have a nice clean floor. Also allowed me to mount the wheel chocks are where I wanted. It gets very tight with 3 bike in the rear.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
Old 02-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #19
cvgkid

Wheel Chock tie downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-g View Post
The factory tie downs use self taping screws in to the floor beams- which are metal. I took 3/4 in ply wood that I made a clamp system for to the factory tie downs. Then I mounted my wheel chocks to the ply wood. I did this so when I family camping- I remove the ply wood and have a nice clean floor. Also allowed me to mount the wheel chocks are where I wanted. It gets very tight with 3 bike in the rear.
Got a picture? So the factory tie downs hold the plywood in place?
Old 02-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #20
dave-g

I do not have a picture and the rv is in storage. But what I did was take 3/4 in plywood 3ft by the length of the garage. I took a 3 in hole saw and cut 3 holes to expose the factory tie down. I then took metal to build a 3 in high bridge over the hole in the ply wood. In the middle of the bridge is a piece of threaded rod with a hook on the end. The hook grabs the factory tie down.

These have held 3 dirt bike for about 2500 mile last year. Worked great.

Also a cheap screen for the back is to go buy a garage door screen. I picked one up for $19.00 on line. A few screws and Velcro and it works fine to keep the bugs out.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r