Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2018, 12:04 PM   #1
flyguyhelo

keystone Premier 19ft vent opening

Hi all,

Just a quick question... I noticed in the kitchen (from pictures) of the Premier 19 ft there is a vent opening with no fan. I was planning on installing one there. I was wondering if the 12 volt wirering was already in place for the install of a fan or will I have to fish around for a 12 volt source.

Thanks,
Larry

(I ask the question here because we do not yet own a trailer and we are in the process of looking to purchase one)
flyguyhelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:18 PM   #2
MarcS

It's my understanding you could tap into a near by ceiling light.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:19 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Odds are there isn’t 12V at the vent. You could get 12V there a couple of different ways. If there is a ceiling light close by you could tap into that. If the lights are all on one switch you would have to have the lights on to operate the fan, if the lights have individual switches it would be much easier.

Another option is to find the 12V supply for the stove vent and then fish over to the vent. There may be some constant hot 12V wires running in the ceiling on either side so your not out of luck, just may take a bit of work.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 05:22 AM   #4
ken56

I have the same issue with my Laredo. Would love to put in a fan in the vent near my kitchen but no wiring at the vent hole. Fishing wires thru the ceiling seems difficult at best with the rigid foam insulation and roof trusses in the way. Where theres a will theres a way I guess. Further investigation is in order.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:40 AM   #5
SummitPond

FlyGuy

Welcome to the forum.

We have a 2015 19FBPR.

I assume the vent you are writing about is the one in the kitchen area. I've never disassembled the vent further than to remove the inner plastic molding to check the roof membrane type.

As suggested above, you could fish a line over to the nearby ceiling light (probably the easiest thing to do).

Please let us know what you end up doing.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:24 AM   #6
buvens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitPond View Post
FlyGuy

Welcome to the forum.

We have a 2015 19FBPR.

I assume the vent you are writing about is the one in the kitchen area. I've never disassembled the vent further than to remove the inner plastic molding to check the roof membrane type.

As suggested above, you could fish a line over to the nearby ceiling light (probably the easiest thing to do).

Please let us know what you end up doing.
We also have a 19FBPR and when I added one of the led light strips that go around the vent it was easy to get power from the closet ceiling light.
Only issue as mentioned above is your lights would have to be on for the fan to work.
Old 04-26-2018, 02:15 PM   #7
flyguyhelo

thanks

Thank you all for the info. I am really surprised that there is no wiring in that skylight. Now that it is so (especially confirmed by the two of you who are owners of the same model we are seeking) I will cross that bridge when I get there. I am in the negotiating stages into acquiring a unit. Once I get my hands on it, I will let you know what I have done. I have a lot of mods planned for that baby.

Cheers,
Larry
flyguyhelo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone, vent