Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2018, 08:41 AM   #1
Jno14

First Trip Out!

Absolutely a great weekend for it in Michigan. Cougar 25RES was nothing short of expectations...Everything worked as we went through the weekend (and made sure we tested EVERYTHING). But, as I was concerned about the dump valve positioning (Keystone told me to put access panels in would void the warranty, so need to wait until that is expired) it was just as difficult as I thought it would be when I was playing around with it in the driveway. Love the trailer with only one thing I didn't like is pretty good odds I suppose.
Jno14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:53 AM   #2
bobbecky

If all you are going to do is cut an access hole for one of the drain pulls, and you don't cut the frame in two or do any other damage to any of the systems, the access hole can not void the warranty, only if where you cut the hole fell off, would that part of the trailer warranty be voided. They don't want you modifying things that could cause damage to the trailer or its systems. It would be like adding a trailer hitch to your truck that didn't come with one, can't void the warranty unless something was damaged in the process, and then only what was damaged.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:34 AM   #3
5J's

Congrats on your first trip out, glad all went well. As Bobbecky said they just don't want you to do anything at all. I added a receiver hitch to my trailer so I could carry the kids bikes. The hitch is welded to the frame so it "voids " the warranty. The way I see it is if I were to have frame issues in the fifth wheel area my welding on the rear would have no effect on the front of the trailer. I don't think they could argue that. Just be sensible about what you do and do it well.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote