Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2017, 04:21 AM   #21
Olsen29

Bullet premier 30 ripr mods and tweaks.

The pocket door to the bedroom fell off. Not sure why but I had planned on putting magnets to hold the door open and closed. Works well and you don't have to wrap the ribbon and snap witch I thought was a pain in the ***!

This is the screw that stops the door. The rollers climb and stick to the magnet to keep it closed. Works well.
Olsen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:42 AM   #22
Olsen29

One thing I didn't like was the way the ceiling lights switch was on the control panel and couldn't be dimmed. There was a single switch to the left that turned on a light to the right of the switch that controlled the ceiling lights that are too the far left. Yeah. If you have one you know what I'm trying to say. When you turned on the ceiling lights were so bright which is great but not so the time. Soooooooo
Here is the wires for the hall light and also feed the bathroom light switch.

Control panel. I didn't like that the main lights switch was in the control panel.

Hole drilled from right to left to run the wires for the ceiling lights over to the new switch location.

The finished product: I think the dimmer was $16 on Amazon. Works as expected.

When I was in this part of the wall I lowered the belly pan and ran a 14 2 wire up to the ceiling switch to run 12v to run 12v things like powered speakers modem and router. I liked the idea of being able to turn off these things for boondocking​.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2017, 05:10 AM   #23
Olsen29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp716 View Post
I'm glad you posted this. I have the same rust issue with my gas line and various spots are around the bumper and hitch. At first I was concerned about where it may have been stored and questioned how long it had been on the lot, but the dealer said basically the same thing you did about trailers built and shipped in winter. He said that they would touch it up when I bring it in after our shakedown trip. Its there for some minor adjustments now, so we'll see how well they clean it up.
It was a big job to pull all the piping down and sand and repaint. But the finish product was worth it.

Old 07-04-2017, 05:21 AM   #24
Olsen29

Wired a backup camera to the clearance lights along with a wireless receiver at the truck. The picture is noisy but it really doesn't seem to matter if the receiver and transmitter are closer or not. It could be better but I have only $30 it the setup. I will play with it and see if I can get a better picture. Overall it works pretty good. So I won't be in a hurry to take it apart.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:51 AM   #25
gregrc75

Thanks for this thread. I am trading my 2011 Premier for a 2018 Premier 30RIPR on Wednesday and I appreciate seeing these mods. I think I will do the ceiling dimmer mod as well and find this useful!

Greg
2022 Cougar 25RDS
2024 GMC Sierra 2500HD gas
Fairhaven, MA
gregrc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 02:54 AM   #26
Olsen29

Glad I could help. Haven't stopped by in a while, but just a couple more.
I don't have pictures of the dual quick couplers so I can hook the grill and my 28"black Stone griddle at the same time.
(I love my griddle!)
Bacon blue cheese and Frank's red hot burgers.

Veggies.

Love it for any camping breakfast and fajitas. Don't use the grill much any more.
Glass door fridge for the entertainment area.

Added a dimmable strip to the slider. It comes on with the the other led strip but it's rf remote dimmable and holds the setting when turned back on.

I really don't like the black tank flush! I will be adding a tornado flush in the near future.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:54 AM   #27
gregrc75

The food looks amazing!
I am noticing these trailers do not have a porch light. Is that correct? I like having the light on overnight but I think the LED strip shining all night would be a bit too much.

Greg
2022 Cougar 25RDS
2024 GMC Sierra 2500HD gas
Fairhaven, MA
gregrc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:38 PM   #28
Lefty_59

Just picked up our 2018 RIPR. I agree with the main lights needing a dimmer. I really like your ideas. Thanks for sharing.
Lefty_59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 01:00 AM   #29
Olsen29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty_59 View Post
Just picked up our 2018 RIPR. I agree with the main lights needing a dimmer. I really like your ideas. Thanks for sharing.
Enjoy!
Been thinking about getting back out in it. But it will be at least 4 months yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2018, 08:57 PM   #30
chartrand

Nic unit, congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Baby Duramax)
Propride P3 Hitch
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:04 AM   #31
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olsen29 View Post
Glad I could help. Haven't stopped by in a while, but just a couple more.
I don't have pictures of the dual quick couplers so I can hook the grill and my 28"black Stone griddle at the same time.
(I love my griddle!)
Bacon blue cheese and Frank's red hot burgers.

Veggies.

Love it for any camping breakfast and fajitas. Don't use the grill much any more.
Glass door fridge for the entertainment area.

Added a dimmable strip to the slider. It comes on with the the other led strip but it's rf remote dimmable and holds the setting when turned back on.

I really don't like the black tank flush! I will be adding a tornado flush in the near future.

We just purchased a Blackstone single burner griddle and were looking forward to using it!
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:14 PM   #32
rdhouston

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTravis View Post
I'm replacing the stabilizers with a heavier duty model, as one of ours got taken out by a random piece of rubber in the road. I had also noticed our rear stabs tended to be quite a bit flexible.

This is for our 2014 30RIPR.

When I get some extra $$ I plan on vinyl wrapping the front cap rather than the expense of repainting the already faded front cap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm thinking about having LINE-X installed on the bottom couple of feet.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:14 AM   #33
Olsen29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhouston View Post
I'm thinking about having LINE-X installed on the bottom couple of feet.
About the dimmer mod. It seems to turn on randomly while plugged in in the yard, doesn't matter if there is a battery in in it not.
I will be adding a noise suppressor for a car stereo to see if that is what is triggering the the the lights to come on.
Next I would like to install some 12v motion sensing switches for dimmer LED lights in closets, pass through storage and maybe dump station area.
I will keep you posted.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2018, 07:46 AM   #34
kcamp99186

Great ideas and good work! Have a 2015 30RIPR and we love it. Will try the dimmer mod, but am interested in the connection to your Blackstone Griddle. I can see doing away with the cheap grill completely. How did you connect the griddle with quick connects? Does it require modifying the griddle gas hose? Thanks, Ken
kcamp99186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:28 AM   #35
Olsen29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcamp99186 View Post
Great ideas and good work! Have a 2015 30RIPR and we love it. Will try the dimmer mod, but am interested in the connection to your Blackstone Griddle. I can see doing away with the cheap grill completely. How did you connect the griddle with quick connects? Does it require modifying the griddle gas hose? Thanks, Ken
I put an adapter from 3/8 flare to 1/4 female pipe thread, then put a quick couple make end on the griddle.
Now I have a big red campfire that runs on propane. So maybe I will need to add another outlet.
I will pay pictures when I can get to it.
We still have 2 feet of snow!
Forecast up to 24 more this weekend.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:19 PM   #36
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olsen29 View Post
...We still have 2 feet of snow!
Forecast up to 24 more this weekend.
I feel your pain. We got 18" last weekend and forecast is for snow every day through next week.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, bullet premier, mod, mods