Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2018, 10:46 AM   #1
Freeheel4life

Is SuperHitch worth it??

Unfortunately Ive arrived at the decisions to buy a new hitch so I can have one less thing to worry about and know I am good. Looked at hitches and have it narrowed down to a Curt Class 5 and a SuperHitch
https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hit...etails=reviews

Besides the ridiculous weight ratings and the dual receiver(which I like), is it really worth twice as much in value in the real world. The Curt has a ton of reviews. Only reviews I found for SuperHitch were on their website. Any opinions would be great.

PS Plus for me would be that I can get the SuperHitch through one of my distributors at work for less than MSRP and I can bill it against my commissions so would be no $ out of pocket right now.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:12 PM   #2
Gegrad

I am not extremely familiar with either specific receiver, but I would suspect the Curt receiver will suit you just fine. Curt is a reputable brand, so it is likely a quality receiver. Not trying to be snarky here, but you are towing a decent size trailer with a 21 year old truck. I personally would put the Curt receiver on it and save the money difference for repairs on the truck. You will need that money sooner than later given the age of your TV. Of course, YMMV.
Gegrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:15 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Another consideration is MSRP is not a "goal" with CURT Hitch products. Usually you can find CURT products on Amazon, ETrailer and other online outlets for about half the published MSRP on the CURT website. So, it pays to do some surfing and "online shopping" before you place your order.

As an example, that receiver is $176 at this site: https://www.carid.com/curt/class-5-h...yABEgKvLPD_BwE

And I believe they offer a 10% veteran's discount.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:39 PM   #4
gearhead

X2 on that ^^^.
Are you referring to the Torklift Superhitch? A fair number of folks with truck campers use them to tow horse trailers, large cargo trailers, etc. I haven't heard anything negative about them.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 04:42 PM   #5
Ken / Claudia

I say they are worth it if you need it. If only towing your listed trailer, you do not need a super hitch. If you put a 10ft camper in the bed and pull a horse trailer, you will need it.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:43 PM   #6
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeheel4life View Post
Unfortunately Ive arrived at the decisions to buy a new hitch so I can have one less thing to worry about and know I am good. Looked at hitches and have it narrowed down to a Curt Class 5 and a SuperHitch
https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hit...etails=reviews

Besides the ridiculous weight ratings and the dual receiver(which I like), is it really worth twice as much in value in the real world. The Curt has a ton of reviews. Only reviews I found for SuperHitch were on their website. Any opinions would be great.

PS Plus for me would be that I can get the SuperHitch through one of my distributors at work for less than MSRP and I can bill it against my commissions so would be no $ out of pocket right now.
I bought an aftermarket Curt class V hitch for my 2017 Ram 2500 and installed it 2 weeks ago.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=32240

The Curt is one h$ll of a hitch compared to the OEM. The factory receiver is 2.5" and required a reducer sleeve to mate up with my 2" Hensley shank. This created some unneeded slop, which was transferred down the length of the trailer's A-frame. I can't comment on the Torklift SuperHitch as I've never seen one. It is nice to have 2 different sized receiver tubes. But it sure is costly.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:15 PM   #7
Freeheel4life

Thanks for the input guys. Only real reason I really was drawn to the super hitch is I have a pretty nice bike rack that I love that seems like it would be great in upper receiver while WDH with trailer is in lower. The racks are awesome, and I would never buy another Yakima or Kuaat again. Liked that I could kill 2 birds with one stone and keep an eye on the bike while in tow.
https://www.1up-usa.com/
I appreciate yalls input. The SuperHitch definitely seems overkill, and geared towards the cabover world when looking at their accessories and reviews. Not to mention that even with my discount I could buy 2 of the Curt class 5 setups..

John- Thanks for the link. 20$ cheaper than etrailer.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:09 PM   #8
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeheel4life View Post
Thanks for the link. 20$ cheaper than etrailer.
If that Curt 15300 is the correct hitch for your Ford, Amazon has it listed at $171. CARID tends to be heavy on the shipping fees. Amazon products are usually shipped free. You may incur sales tax though, but it will probably still be the best pricing. Good luck.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch