Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2018, 04:35 PM   #1
damillersr

Running lights ground

I have a keystone FS 230 toy hauler, 2006. I have Isolated the problem of my running lights not coming on to the ground wire only for the running lights. However I have no idea where this is, any help would be greatly appreciated. I am mechanically sound, but after fishing for 3 hours, I just need a little more help.
damillersr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 05:03 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Is this what you are looking for? https://www.google.com/search?q=7+pi...FATXkI77V4FaM:
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:24 PM   #3
damillersr

Thank you no, I am getting power to the connection and the ground is working fine for all the other connections, my only problem is a ground for the running lights.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:41 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

I've seen different diagrams for a 7 pin. The one I am attaching shows it uses a frame ground, others look like they run a ground wire to each light. How are your lights wired? https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...x=1&ajaxhist=0
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:49 AM   #5
damillersr

I am going to try and remove one of the light markers and ground it directly, hopefully there's a common ground for all nine lights
Old 09-21-2018, 01:19 PM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Sounds like you are going in the right direction. Have you checked the lights sockets for corrosion? A green discoloration on the sockets is a common issue. I'd suggest a longwire that you have grounded to the trailer. Then you could check continuity between the the known good ground and the lights ground. If that's good, then check for voltage from the lights positive wire to ground. Where the clearance lights are grounded could be quite the treasure hunt. Hope this helps.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 08:45 AM   #7
damillersr

Just to put an end this thread, I found my problem. A couple of years ago when I first got the trailer, I had replace one of the running lights and mistakenly thought that each one was grounded. I did not understand that they ran in a series. After ungrounding and replacing the one light, everything is working fine. Thank you to everyone for the help

Tags
light, lights