Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #1
shooodog

Slide-out wiper seal

Just got back from week trip to Tennessee, great time. When breaking down to come home I noticed that the wiper seal on both sides of our slide-out are beginning to tear away from where they are attached. We passed thru our service / dealer on the way home who said he had never seen that before and he would make contact with Keystone. Its a 2017 Passport 2810BH and unfortunately about 3 weeks out of warranty, so we are anxiously awaiting word. Have only done 4-6 weeks of camping in it. If Keystone gives us a problem, is there any place we can get those seals besides Keystone. It looks like all I would have to do is clear the rest of the seal that is left in the track and feed the new seal into the track. Would probably need some lubricant to help slide it through, unless it is somehow pushed into the track like spline on a screen door. Anyone have any experience with this problem? Thanks
shooodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:48 AM   #2
Tbos

I have a 2016 and have not had this issue. I've had to replace the seals for the cables but the other ones have been ok. I'm guessing you could buy the seals from any dealer or RV parts house. I recently bought the cable seals from ColawRV. They ordered directly from Norco. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:58 AM   #3
shooodog

Thanks Tbos, I have saw a few people on the forum that had a similar problem, but did not see anyone advice how its done.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:10 AM   #4
shooodog

Sorry for repetitive post guys.. didn't find Mantra's until I already posted
Old 07-06-2017, 12:57 PM   #5
SkiSmuggs

I have the same issue with an inner wiper slide torn 12-14" down from the top. It sounds as if I have to slide it out of the channel, get a replacement and slide the new one into the channel. With a replacement turbo cold side pipe in my F350, I used Windex as a lubricant to slide the sections together. Would that be good for this seal as well? Also, what would be a good tool to encourage the old out of the channel and the new into the channel?
Old 07-18-2018, 05:33 AM   #6
Ntread

Slide Seal

I just found this post. I have the same problem on my 2016 Passport. I was wanting to see if you were able to replace the seal and how difficult it was. Thanks
Ntread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:24 AM   #7
{tpc}

I think I need new seals for the cables on mine. Where does one get those at? How bad to replace?
Old 07-18-2018, 01:00 PM   #8
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by {tpc} View Post
I think I need new seals for the cables on mine. Where does one get those at? How bad to replace?

Do a search for or contact RV parts dealers on line for the “25040 Cable Patch Kit 1.5in”. If I remember correctly I ended up paying about $15.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide