Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
Ronmc

Smile Hello from Collierville, TN

Just purchased a 2014 Outback 316RL. Picking it up on Wednesday. Looking forward to some good times in it.
Ronmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
antiqfreq

Congrats on your new camper.

And, Welcome to the forum !

What is your tow vehicle and do you primarily camp at resorts, parks or dry camping???

Inquiring minds want to know....... (okay, it's just me!)

Jo

ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Ron,

Welcome to the Keystone Forum and to the Keystone family. I'm sure you're excited about your new RV and are already planning many trips this summer. Since you haven't yet picked up your new trailer, may I suggest that you check out the Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) checklist that is located as the first item in the Keystone Questions section of the forum. It is a comprehensive guide to what you should check prior to delivery. Using it will help you not forget anything and will also assure that you are able to put your hands on almost the entire trailer during the inspection. Remember that time with the dealer is not only for him to show you how things work, but also your time to inspect the RV to make sure it is functional and meets your expectations. If something is wrong, that will be the last time (before the trailer is actually yours) you'll have to get it right before you tow it home. It's always a hassle to have to tow it back to the dealership if things can be corrected before you even hitch it to your tow vehicle.

Enjoy your time on the forum and I'm sure you'll find many topics that interest you and will help make your RVing more enjoyable.

John

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
Ronmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiqfreq View Post
Congrats on your new camper.

And, Welcome to the forum !

What is your tow vehicle and do you primarily camp at resorts, parks or dry camping???

Inquiring minds want to know....... (okay, it's just me!)

Jo

We ordered the trailer in February from a dealer in Arkansas, who is going to tow it and set it up at an RV park a few miles from his dealership. We plan on leaving it there for one to two years as our home away from home. At that time, we will probably buy a Ford F150 with max tow package to tow it to various campgrounds as much as possible. Thanks for your interest.

Ron
Old 04-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
Ronmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Ron,

Welcome to the Keystone Forum and to the Keystone family. I'm sure you're excited about your new RV and are already planning many trips this summer. Since you haven't yet picked up your new trailer, may I suggest that you check out the Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) checklist that is located as the first item in the Keystone Questions section of the forum. It is a comprehensive guide to what you should check prior to delivery. Using it will help you not forget anything and will also assure that you are able to put your hands on almost the entire trailer during the inspection. Remember that time with the dealer is not only for him to show you how things work, but also your time to inspect the RV to make sure it is functional and meets your expectations. If something is wrong, that will be the last time (before the trailer is actually yours) you'll have to get it right before you tow it home. It's always a hassle to have to tow it back to the dealership if things can be corrected before you even hitch it to your tow vehicle.

Enjoy your time on the forum and I'm sure you'll find many topics that interest you and will help make your RVing more enjoyable.

John
John,

I have already printed the PDI checklist and plan on taking it with me for this Wednesday's delivery. We ordered the trailer in February so that we could make sure we could get the 2014 model. Therefore, I have had plenty of time to research this forum and cannot believe all of the helpful information. It is addictive, finding myself reading all the different threads. I have already found many ideas for modifications and upgrades and I don't even have the trailer yet. Great forum. Keep up the good work.

Thanks!
Ron
Old 04-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #6
fla-gypsy

Welcome to our group
Old 04-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #7
davidcyndi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronmc View Post
We ordered the trailer in February from a dealer in Arkansas, who is going to tow it and set it up at an RV park a few miles from his dealership. We plan on leaving it there for one to two years as our home away from home. At that time, we will probably buy a Ford F150 with max tow package to tow it to various campgrounds as much as possible. Thanks for your interest.

Ron
Congrats on the new TT. You might want to think about a f250 for that trailer. The dry weight on that trailer is 7562. Loaded you are going to be walking on egg shells.

"AUTISM IS NOT A TRAGEDY. IGNORANCE IS THE TRAGEDY."

https://i.imgur.com/3IyXHzt.png
davidcyndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #8
Ronmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcyndi View Post
Congrats on the new TT. You might want to think about a f250 for that trailer. The dry weight on that trailer is 7562. Loaded you are going to be walking on egg shells.
According to Ford's Website, the f-150 supercrew with the max tow package with the 3.73 axle ratio has a towing capacity of 11,000 lbs and a gcwr 17,100. Im new to this, so maybe im missing something. It looks to be within specs.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #9
TAZ23

to the forum and congrats on the new Outback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronmc View Post
According to Ford's Website, the f-150 supercrew with the max tow package with the 3.73 axle ratio has a towing capacity of 11,000 lbs and a gcwr 17,100. Im new to this, so maybe im missing something. It looks to be within specs.
According to Fords website the SCREW cab with max tow has a payload capacity of over 2300 lbs. so you should be ok with it.
TAZ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #10
Ronmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ23 View Post
to the forum and congrats on the new Outback.

According to Fords website the SCREW cab with max tow has a payload capacity of over 2300 lbs. so you should be ok with it.
Thanks for the info Taz23