Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2015, 02:09 PM   #1
Flabbytax

Keystone Outback Terrain 210TRS?

Does anyone have this unit or have experience with the terrain models? My parents are considering purchasing one in 6 months to a year and I just went and checked them out and I was impressed. Any issues or worries with these units?
Flabbytax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:27 PM   #2
J&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbytax View Post
Does anyone have this unit or have experience with the terrain models? My parents are considering purchasing one in 6 months to a year and I just went and checked them out and I was impressed. Any issues or worries with these units?
Hello Flabbytax,

We own an Outback Terrain 299TBH. We observed that the Terrain was better built than other similar models we saw within our price range at the time. We've had a few issues with the trailer but nothing you wouldn't find in any Keystone brand. You can read the details if you search for my threads.

I know Gafer222 has the 250TRS model which is similar to the 210TRS. He may be able to give you more insights into the particular model.

Good luck!

In search of my next RV
SOLD! - 2013 Terrain 299TBH
SOLD! - 2002 Chevy Tahoe 5.3L
J&A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:56 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

I just PDI'd a 2015, and it had 3 very minor issues.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:11 PM   #4
Stumpy75

I've had a 210TRS for a year now. I have not found any major problems. I've done a few mods to make it mine, but nothing big.

Overall, I really like it, and enjoy the rear slide. I've used it about every two weeks last summer, and had it on several longer(week and a half) outings. I have not tried to cook with the oven, but everything else seems to work good.

There is one thing, though, that you will need to do fairly quickly. There is no way to winterize this trailer without taking out the sofa. Yes, there is a hot water tank bypass valve below a cutout under the sofa, but there is no way to get to the pump without removing the sofa. The inlet and outlet of the pump are against the outside wall, and by laying on your stomach, with the front cover of the sofa removed, you can JUST reach far enough to barely touch the pump.

I removed the sofa and installed a T in the line from the water tank to the pump, and installed the needed valves so I could pump antifreeze thru the lines. Now, I only have to raise the sofa, block it up with something, and I have everything I need right in front of me.

Other than that, it's a great trailer, and, at least for me, it's exactly what I wanted in an RV.
Stumpy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:17 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

If you take off the button caps, there will be square drive screws underneath. Take those out and the entire front trim comes off, making access to W/P and HWH easy peazy.

And Welcome to the forum!

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:46 PM   #6
Gaffer222

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
If you take off the button caps, there will be square drive screws underneath. Take those out and the entire front trim comes off, making access to W/P and HWH easy peazy.

And Welcome to the forum!
I ended up attaching the front panel of the couch with industrial Velcro. Easier access for winterizing and I also like to take a look at all the plumbing in there once a trip to make sure there are no leaks etc.

So far we are happy with our 250TRS. We had a few issues but overall comparable to other brand's issues.
DW, DD Circa 2002, DD Circa 2005
Gaffer222 is offline   Reply With Quote