Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2018, 09:34 PM   #11
goducks

My house has exposed plumbing to the toilet. Not sure how else you can do it.
I guess the issue with exposed RV plumbing is they run it in the weirdest ways and usually with blue PEX. Not very clean looking.

goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:18 PM   #12
sourdough

You know though, I don't think the blue pex looks any worse than the white/braided extension hoses you use from the water valve to any other faucet/toilet in a house really - and they're in all of them. Sort of like...if you want water there's a faucet whether you think they're cool or not. If you don't want it then what??

sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:02 AM   #13
ctbruce
Site Team

Sounds like a weekend modification waiting to happen to me! Think of all the fun that could be had.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:38 AM   #14
flybouy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOMBANA View Post
New to the forum, longtime owner of another brand, new owner (in production) of a new Cougar 1/2 Ton.

In looking for a new coach, we found it annoyingly odd that for 30k to 40k you walk into a bathroom that has exposed plumbing for the toilet. Is it me or am I being too critical that for that kind of money you can't conceal a blue tube!

Loved the floorplan and opted to move forward but other vendors in the same class deliver a product that goes that extra step. It gets me even more that in 2019 the new steps are in use and even have the blue Keystone nameplate on them yet a 2 dollar blue tube can't be concealed.

Obviously not going to make me retract an order but honestly, seriously, exposed plumbing on a 30k investment ???

Miguel
Well now Miquel, good luck on finding a color coordinated sewer hose. Really this water supply is bothering you? Maybe you should motor on over to a Airstream dealer. You can get a "operating room look" for only 3X the cost with no slide outs. Not trying to be cynical (no need to try as it comes naturally to me) but before you go whining and crying about this take the time to read the posts of many new owners that have MAJOR issues with their campers. Maybe this will help.
https://youtu.be/HKERBS1Z_WY
Old 10-18-2018, 04:58 AM   #15
mazboy

really? to much time on your hands.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:02 AM   #16
DJ&JA

I was astonished with the fit and finish when we started looking for ours. Then I found some informative videos on YouTube that told what to expect and why. As a cabinet/ furniture maker it is a big pill to swallow but there is plenty we can do to spice things up. Just yesterday, while evaluating my "free space" in the bathroom vanity I took some zip ties and tied all that extra tubing to the drain pipe and doubled my "free space". Some fixes can be that simple.

Enjoy your modifications!
DJ&JA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:16 AM   #17
Number 4

A new member (longtime TT owner by the way) puts up a post about an irritation. Some responses commiserated and suggested modifications while others grabbed the baseball bat with nails. Had I received some of those aggressive responses when I joined up I'd have run for the hills and found a more receptive group. I get it, an exposed supply line is a minor irritation and we all know how TT's are slammed out at the factory and don't we all complain about it at one point or another? I've read many posts about "Where's the switch"? or "I'm confused on grey and black water valves" that seem like they could easily be self diagnosed, but the responses are always helpful. Let's keep this forum fun and informative. You've all been very helpful with my questions and I'm thankful for the overall tone of 99% of posts. Stepping off the soapbox now.

Number 4: 2013 Hideout 19FLBWE
Number 3: 1994 Skyline Nomad 1661
Number 2: 1971 Santa Fe
Number 1: 1967 Shasta Airflyte
2015 F-250 Lariat 6.2L CC 4x4 3.73
Number 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:38 AM   #18
flybouy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOMBANA View Post
New to the forum, longtime owner of another brand, new owner (in production) of a new Cougar 1/2 Ton.

In looking for a new coach, we found it annoyingly odd that for 30k to 40k you walk into a bathroom that has exposed plumbing for the toilet. Is it me or am I being too critical that for that kind of money you can't conceal a blue tube!

Loved the floorplan and opted to move forward but other vendors in the same class deliver a product that goes that extra step. It gets me even more that in 2019 the new steps are in use and even have the blue Keystone nameplate on them yet a 2 dollar blue tube can't be concealed.

Obviously not going to make me retract an order but honestly, seriously, exposed plumbing on a 30k investment ???

Miguel
I thought I was answering his question.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:57 AM   #19
Old Mustanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 4 View Post
A new member (longtime TT owner by the way) puts up a post about an irritation. Some responses commiserated and suggested modifications while others grabbed the baseball bat with nails. Had I received some of those aggressive responses when I joined up I'd have run for the hills and found a more receptive group. I get it, an exposed supply line is a minor irritation and we all know how TT's are slammed out at the factory and don't we all complain about it at one point or another? I've read many posts about "Where's the switch"? or "I'm confused on grey and black water valves" that seem like they could easily be self diagnosed, but the responses are always helpful. Let's keep this forum fun and informative. You've all been very helpful with my questions and I'm thankful for the overall tone of 99% of posts. Stepping off the soapbox now.
Well said!
2015 F250
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:52 PM   #20
LOMBANA

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 4 View Post
I'm not new to forums, I ran one of the largest computer bulletin board systems in Florida back in the mid-80s and am all too familiar that I was setting myself up for a backlash of being unrealistic but the reality is that if 1 person from manufacturing read that post and takes it back to production and asks the same question and it leads to a change it was worth it.

BTW thanks for your response, very classy

Cheers!
Miguel

LOMBANA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing