Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2018, 02:05 PM   #51
66joej

^ What Scott said. They are also required for slow moving vehicles in BC. I believe the threshold is 45kph.

66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:18 PM   #52
68GS400

ďOk timerĒ

Make sure they see you! Turn on lights whenever reduced visibility. Donít rely on daylight running lights!
It is law in Georgia (but since so many get license without a class, most do not know!)

Regarding four way flasher use, it is really dangerous to do that. They are intended for use on shoulder of road, not travel lanes. Someone might swerve into adjacent lane thinking you are stopped on shoulder. DONT USE THEM WHILE ROLLING! Maybe when coming up on accident or slowed traffic to warn others.

68GS400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:58 PM   #53
hornet28

Do we have a bunch of flatlanders here and you never come up on a semi struggling up a grade with flashers on? They are also used to warn others of a slow moving vehicle.

2003 28' Crossroads 5th wheel 2 slides
hornet28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:36 PM   #54
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet28 View Post
Do we have a bunch of flatlanders here and you never come up on a semi struggling up a grade with flashers on? They are also used to warn others of a slow moving vehicle.
Funny. I was taught and ďrule of thumbĒ for WY, MT, UT, ID, WA, etc. where I have driven/ lived is that if the semiís have their flashers on going up a grade, they are going less than 45 mph. Of course, same applies for grades like Homestake pass in MT, where semiís have a lower speed limit for going down the hill. Last week, most of them had their flashers on for the downgrade also, their speed limit was 25 mph, I believe. And, for me at least, the mountains are an expected place to see semiís going slow, with or without flashers.

But, I also agree with not turning on the flashers in the rain. Itís already harder to see in the rain, why make it even worse for others with flashing lights along with those who wonít dim their brights? Or are towing a trailer with the front of their truck pointed to the sky so it looks like they have their brights on...

2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:12 PM   #55
captcolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I'll use my flashers if I am going MUCH slower than traffic and for some reason I can't pull over. If traffic is stopped ahead I'll use the flashers until the guy behind me realizes what's happening and slows down. If I'm running close to the same speed as everyone else then there isn't a need for them. YMMV
I agree 100%.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:36 PM   #56
hornet28

vampress_me I was referring to comments against using flashers unless off to the side of the road disabled

2003 28' Crossroads 5th wheel 2 slides
hornet28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:53 AM   #57
TyeKane

Flashers

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
"Flying Around" happened to mention in another thread that in heavy rain he turned on the emergency flashers and continued at 35 or slower. This is a practice that I find exceedingly irritating. I might also add it happens to illegal in 30 of 50 states, however rare it would be to see someone ticketed for such offense.
I find that it is difficult enough to drive in the rain without being behind a vehicle with bright flashers in my eyes. And even more so at night. Might it be more prudent to take the next exit and wait out the storm?
Yes, I realize we aren't going to change anyone's habits in this thread.
What say you?

Flying Around, being Aussie you're probably thick-skinned enough to know that I'm just picking on you at random....
In Canada if you are traveling slower than 20 kms (12 mph) below the posted speed limit you are required by law to turn on your hazard lights as you are now a slow moving hazard.
TyeKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:27 AM   #58
notanlines

The, we have a good conversation going, both pro and con, but no reason to come up with ďItís a law in Canada.Ē I could only find one recommendation, in Ontario, and not a law. And PEI was just the opposite.

notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote