Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2011, 06:48 AM   #1
Rkymtnman

New Member - Old Owner

Glad to find this community!

We currently own a 2009 Cougar 293SAB. We spend as much time as possible in it with our 2 kids, 8 and 11. Our neighbors laugh at us all summer as we become completely absentee and spend every weekend - Friday - Monday in our 5th wheel. We can't think of a better way to see our great state (Colorado) and spend time with our kids. We usually tandem tow a jet ski trailer with 2 skis on it so the wagon train gets pretty long. We limit this configuration to the plains only - never up the mountain with all this.

Anyway, found this site when I got the itch to remove the booth in our camper last night - DW hates the booth (and I love the term DW....).

Looking forward to poking around here. We are currently considering in a 345DBQ Mountaineer for this next summer. Hopefully the markets will recover in short order and we can make it happen.

Jeff
Rkymtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:05 AM   #2
HigginsPod

booth removal

we took 1/2 of the booth out and I LOVE IT!!!!
2010 Chevy HD Silverado
HigginsPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:39 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. Our booth is history also. There is only two of us so I moved the table over and gained enough room for flip-up computer desk. Be sure to check for wiring in the benches first. Out of the two I removed I made one free-standing bench we use for storage on our screen-room at home. Saved all the scraps for other mods around the trailer. If you don't need the extra bed the booth has to go. Travel safely, Hank

hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
Rkymtnman

Love it! We are going to do the same thing but we have 2 kids so we need to keep the table. ONLY complaint we have really ever had about this is the booth. I was fixing it last night (facing of he cabinet was coming off) and realized it would be super easy to remove. Headed out for the weekend in about an hour and will size it all up over the weekend and pull it next week before heading out again
Prodigy Brake Controller

....looking to upgrade both in the coming year....
Rkymtnman is offline   Reply With Quote