Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
Laid Back

New Member from MI

Greetings everyone from the Great Lakes state.

I just found this forum doing a search for black streak removers and fiberglass campers.

My wife and I bought a very slightly used 06 Laredo tt in the sping of 08, and we love it. We take the kids camping regularly and have 0 complaints with our Laredo. As a matter of fact we are at the campground right now . This is our second trip this spring with it. I am however a bit of a clean freak, my wife claims I suffer from a mild case of OCD. I use an RV wash and wax on it, and detail the interior before and after every trip. The black streaks are annoying me to no end and no matter what i try I can't seem to completely get rid of them. I will do a forum search however and hopefully find a product that I haven't tried already that will solve this problem. We pull our Laredo with my F-250 super duty deisel pick up.

Anyway as I stated we love our Laredo and use it every chance we get. We are seriously thinking of upgrading to a new Laredo 5th wheel in the near future.

Cheers to all

Marc & Renee
Laid Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum Marc and Renee. Glad to hear you are enjoying your "new" Laredo and that you have not experienced any problems with it. I am not sure if you will ever get rid of the black streaks as many of them originate from the blackened sealant around the windows and from the water dripping off the roof gutter end spouts. I am about to "install" a 3m product (EZE RV Windshield Gutter) over a couple of windows as a trial. It is advertised to "seal leaks around windows and prevents ugly streaking by channeling away dirty water". You can see the ad at www.rvgutters.com This product is available at CW.
I think the key might be to find a good wax that makes the cleanup of the streaks an easier task.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:52 AM   #3
antiqfreq

Welcome Marc & Renee to the forum!

Hope we see you here often.......

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:21 AM   #4
Flyguy

Welcome to the forum "Laid Back"! When we purchased our 5ver last January I asked the dealer what they used to clean and remove the black streaks. The trailer was so clean! He told me that they make their own using 1/3rd bleach, 1/3rd vinegar, and 1/3rd water to any volume that you wish. I have not tried it yet but I will in the future. Again welcome to the forum.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
DEW

Laid Back (and all other members) I have removed the black streaks from my TT's over the last few years with a bottle of.....wait for it...."Black Streak Remover"

No kidding, I bought it at the local RV shop here in Ontario and it works awesome. I even used it on my new Laredo just today.
I believe the streaks can also come from the rubber roof run off as I have seen the streaks near gutters as well as near the windows as noted above.

I am sure your local RV shop will have something like this for you to try out. I will admit it does a good job considering mild soap and water did nothing.

Oh and Laid Back....welcome to the club.
I hope you like it as much as I like my Laredo.
2003 Avalanche 5.3L w/ 4:10 gears
Reese HP Dual Cam
DEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:24 AM   #6
Laid Back

Thank you eveyone for the warm welcome, and we do love our Laredo. Yes, I've tried the black streak remover from the RV dealership it faded the streaks out to a dark grey. So far what has worked the best for me is Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner but one can still make out the faint grey streaks. To be honest It never occured to me to ask the dealership what they use to detail the campers they take in on trade. Those all look like brand new, thanks for that idea I'll be giving them a visit.
Laid Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:06 AM   #7
Wing-in-it

Smile

Welcome from Va!

2015 Fuzion 325
2020 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7 HO Aisin
Chesterfield, VA.
Wing-in-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:45 AM   #8
dea3851

Black streaks

HI and welcome to the forum, when I got my last trailer I asked the sales man what to clean the trailer with, simple green,wash the whole trailer with it hard to remove black streaks put some in a spray bottle and spray the black and let it sit a couple of minutes and brush it off works great for me DON
dea3851 is offline   Reply With Quote