Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2014, 02:21 PM   #1
RLD_999

Lookin for 2002 Challenger 32TIB Manual

I recently bought a 2002 Keystone Challenger 32TIB FW.
It did not have the owner's manual with it, and Keystone says they no longer have one.

If anyone out there happens to have one, and could email it to me, I would really appreciate it.

Thank You... Richard
RLD_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:54 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Keystone does not produce a "model specific" owner's manual. They only produce a "one size fits all" type manual. The various revisions that are still available are located here: http://www.keystonerv.com/customer-s.../owners-manual

It appears that the 2009 version is the oldest still available online. If you've talked to Keystone and have been told that the 2004 version is not available, you may want to do a Google search for "2004 Keystone RV Owner's manual"

On one of those Google links is a PDF of part of what is called a "2004 Sprinter owner's manual". There is a link to download that manual at the top of page one of the PDF. It appears that you'll have to register at the website to download the manual, but from what I can see, the title of the download is, "Keystone Owner's Manual, 2004"

You can take a look at it here: http://manualtips.com/archives/k/key...ers-manual.pdf

Honestly, not much has changed about what is in the manual from 2004 to present. The types of tires (bias ply vs radial) features of the appliances and some of the updated equipment are different, but all of the required data is included in the appliance specific owner's manuals that are downloadable from each appliance website. None of that data is "appliance specific" in the Keystone manual anyway. As for setup, teardown, operation, travel and maintenance requirements, they are pretty much identical in the 2015 manual and the 2004 manual. Actually, I have looked at the 1993 Holiday Rambler manual to get more detailed information than Keystone provided in the 2011 manual version that came with my Springdale.

Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:15 PM   #3
RLD_999

Owners Manual

Thanks ... I really did not have any specific needs for a manual , but just thought I should have one around.

I have always had Class A MHs in the past, and used to having LOTS of manuals , but there is also a lot more to be explained on those.

Let me ask you another question......

When I hook my fifth wheel wires up to the FORD F350 truck , the light comes on on the REESE PILOT electric brake box.

When I unplug the plug at the bumper, the light ( voltage display ) goes off completely. That MAY be normal, and being new to a FW , I am not certain ...BUT .. it would seem that if I left it connected all night, I might discharge the battery , or create premature failure of the brake box.

I looked for a Manual for this #80050 , but found none,

It may be that whoever wired up the bow hooked directly to the battery when it should have been to a keyed circuit.

Of course .. I can just unplug it every night , if that is the final result.
Do you know the answer to this ?

Thanks In Advance ... Richard
Old 12-29-2014, 05:20 PM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

If I remember correctly ... The only mention of Challenger in the manual that came with my '07 Cougar was (I believe) a difference in the wheel/lug torque spec. and that should be governed by the size and number of the lugs themselves. Perhaps one of our members with a Challenger can help with that. JM2˘, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:27 PM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLD_999 View Post
Thanks ... I really did not have any specific needs for a manual , but just thought I should have one around.

I have always had Class A MHs in the past, and used to having LOTS of manuals , but there is also a lot more to be explained on those.

Let me ask you another question......

When I hook my fifth wheel wires up to the FORD F350 truck , the light comes on on the REESE PILOT electric brake box.

When I unplug the plug at the bumper, the light ( voltage display ) goes off completely. That MAY be normal, and being new to a FW , I am not certain ...BUT .. it would seem that if I left it connected all night, I might discharge the battery , or create premature failure of the brake box.

I looked for a Manual for this #80050 , but found none,

It may be that whoever wired up the bow hooked directly to the battery when it should have been to a keyed circuit.

Of course .. I can just unplug it every night , if that is the final result.
Do you know the answer to this ?

Thanks In Advance ... Richard
How long have you waited for the light to go out on the brake controller?? My Prodigy is connected to the factory harness and the light will stay on for a while and than go out if pedal is not stepped on. I have left the plug in many times over-night and never had a problem. I have no experience with your type controller but I would think they are mostly the same.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 03:53 AM   #6
RLD_999

Elec Brake

Hank .. Thank You .

I will experiment with that in mind.

Richard