Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
wjwheeler

2008 Montana 2955RL Questions

I'm a new to this forum and a new 5er owner. I traded my C class to CW in Chattanooga. Since they gave me such a great deal they sold it as-is with no walk through. It was delivered Wednesday and the driver unhooked it and left. No tutorial. All of that said, I don't have a clue..... I have figured out the black and grey dump valves are stuck open and will not close.
There is a pull valve to the right of the convenience center above the pipe. What does it control?
There are three hose connections in the convenience center. I understand the top is city water, the bottom is to flush the waste tank, what is the middle connection? What is the hose connection at the rear?
Does it have three holding tanks?
Is there a model specific manual available? The generic Keystone user's manual leaves a lot to be desired.
Thank you for your help.
wjwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:16 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjwheeler View Post
Since they gave me such a great deal they sold it as-is with no walk through. It was delivered Wednesday and the driver unhooked it and left. No tutorial.
Is there a model specific manual available? The generic Keystone user's manual leaves a lot to be desired.
First, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new-to-you '08 Keystone Montana. I would have thought that, despite giving you "such a great deal" and selling it "as is", the dealership could at least have given you the courtesy of providing a walk-through to familiarize you with the various systems in the RV and how they work. How much time would it have taken them to provide you, an apparent "newbie" with some of the basics? For this, I would give the dealership an "E" for effort.

There is no model specific user's manual for any Keystone product. As you have already discovered, the Owner's Manual is very generic and lacking in detailed information about your model.

I know your model is different than mine but the year is the same and we have three separate holding tanks --- 1 black and 2 gray tanks. Our pull valves are quite different so I can't help you out on that one.

You might want to look into the Montana Owner's forum - a site dedicated to owners of Montanas - this forum might provide you with more information.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #3
KanTC

to the forum & congratulations on your "new-to-you" Montana.

As Festus mentioned, the Montana Owners Forum should be able to give you first-hand info.
In the meantime - the exterior water connection (at the rear) is most likely to fill your fresh water tank, and I'm thinking the
'unknown' connection in the Utilities Center may be the *winterization* inlet (for the RV antifreeze).

The specs for your model show: Waste Water 38 gal, and Gray Water 76 gal
That said, yes, you probably have 2 gray tanks. See the following brochure for more info.

http://www.rvzen.com/lp/mmy/keystone...8/brochure.pdf (2008)

On EDIT: Photo # 7 (in ad below) shows the Utilities Center... on this particular unit City Water is center & the
"Freeze Guard/Winterization" is the top connection. The bottom one is probably (as you said) the black tank flush.
http://www.berrylandcampers.com/used...l-t703486.html

Not sure they'll be any help, but here's some 2008 Montana 2955RL videos

Hope this helps,
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:19 AM   #4
WaltBennett

I'm hoping that 'great deal' was enough to offset what could be some real repair bills if they refused any kind of walk through. Anyway, besides here, I've found the Montana Owner's Club to be a really good resource for that line: http://montanaowners.weebly.com/index.html

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote