Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2014, 10:46 AM   #1
stan g

repair overhang

just purchased 2004 Montana 3670 RL this was a private purchase so I have some repair work to do on it, the overhang over the truck bed where the pin is located is cracked by the previous owner because of his truck bed coming in contact with the underside of the camper it looks like I'll need a new skin ,but if anybody has a way to repair this type of damage, sure would like some input. if I would need a new skin how do I go about ordering it and how extensive of the job is it to replace it
stan g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

I would suggest looking on-line for RV salvage yards. I don't think Keystone will sell directly to you .... must go through a dealer .... I think. Check with local body shops and fiberglass boat or shower and tub repair. Good luck, perhaps others may more options, Hank ... Oh! Welcome to the forum.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:06 PM   #3
TandE

If you can find an independent rv repair facility they can get you the filon (if it is filon) sheets and adhesive to repair it.

If it is filon it can be a pain to remove and also re apply and is at least a two person job. Also you may find more damage behind the skin once you tear into it. So I would plan for it to be undercover or able to cover the open area when it is apart in case of rain. Or wait till the drier months.

Just a word on filon. It is not cheap. Depending on how much you need it may need to be shipped and it is a freight only type. The shipping can be more than the material itself. Best to find a dealer or repair place that stocks it and if they will even sell it to you.

There are a couple places online that sell it but it would be cheaper if you can pick it up in person rather than ship it.

Travis
TandE is offline   Reply With Quote